Chocolate Zucchini Cake
This is the only Chocolate Zucchini Cake you will ever want to make! The zucchini makes this cake so moist because you do not grate the Zucchini, you blend it so there are no pieces of Zucchini in the cake. Your family will not even know it’s there. It’s always nice to put a little healthy love into your cake! I sprinkle chocolate chips on top making it good to eat as is or you can also add frosting. My family is chocoholics so I use chocolate frosting too! Any way you top it, it is sure to be a hit in your house!
Cream butter, oil and sugar in a large bowl with a spoon.
Add eggs, milk and vanilla mixing well with a spoon.
Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl whisking to combine.
Gradually add dry ingredients to the first mixture.
Mix well with a spoon.
Cut the ends off of the zucchini, peel and chop into small pieces.
Put them in the blender and liquify.
Add blended zucchini to the batter and mix well with a spoon.
Pour into a 13″ x 9″ x 2″ baking dish that
has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake in a
preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes,
or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool and cover with frosting or eat as is!
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk (sour milk can be made by adding 1-1/2 tsp of either vinegar or lemon juice to a 1/2 cup of regular milk and letting it sit for 15 minutes)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cups of blended zucchini, peeled and blended (use a smaller zucchini so the seeds blend well or if seeds are larger, cut them out.
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13″ x 9″ x 2″ baking pan with cooking oil.
- In a large bowl cream the butter, oil and sugar with a large spoon. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla and mix well with a large spoon.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients whisking until combined. Gradually add the dry mixture to the first mixture with a spoon making sure it is mixed well.
- Add the blended zucchini to the bowl mixing with a spoon until completely combined. Pour into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes on the center oven rack until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a rack.
- This can be eaten as is or topped with frosted.