Rhubarb is one of my favorite vegetables to use in desserts. Yes it is a vegetable and not a fruit like you would think. This Rhubarb Crisp recipe has that sweet and tart flavor I just love. I have grown my own rhubarb for over 25 years now. It is just coming into season. I wash it, cut it and put it into 2 cup freezer bags then I freeze it. That way I can make my favorite rhubarb recipes any time of the year.
- 4 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2″ pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 & 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup quick one minute oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the rhubarb, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes.
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with cooking oil.
- Mix rhubarb mixture again then pour rhubarb mixture into the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, oats, brown sugar and butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over the rhubarb mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Categories: Desserts, Vegetables/Slaws/Salads
I love Rhubarb!
So much you can make with it!!
Very yummy recipe
Mmm… so delicious 🙂
Thank you KR!
My husband makes this when we harvest our rhubarb. It is delicious. It makes for a good breakfast when used as an oatmeal topper and then mix with plain yogurt.
OH MY! I never thought about putting it with yogurt! Ice cream is good too…lol Thanks!
My mom uses apples instead of Rhubarb.
Apple Crisp…very good too!
Sounds delicious !
I grow my own rhubarb no love it! Thanks!
I love rhubarb desserts! I have fond memories of the ones my mother used to make. Your version sounds delicious.
Thank you Linda! Rhubarb is definitely old school but I never stopped baking with it.
I’ve never had rhubarb…
It is very tart but perfect with cake etc.
I’m going to have to try it, if just once…
Reblogged this on Crackling Pork Rinds.
Thank you so much! 💕
I never had Rhubarb!
OMG it is so good! Well if you like tart that is. That’s why I love it in recipes like this because I love the sweet tart combination. I wish I could send you some just to try!
Me too! I wish you could send me some. 🙂
We planted rhubarb two years ago… I’m hoping we have enough to make this when we go to the LakeHouse. I just pinned this recipe. Thank you!
Awesome I hope you do too Nancy. Have a great day!!