Rhubarb is one of my favorite vegetables to use in desserts. Yes it is a vegetable and not a fruit like you would think. This Rhubarb Crisp recipe has that sweet and tart flavor I just love. I have grown my own rhubarb for over 25 years now. It is just coming into season. I wash it, cut it and put it into 2 cup freezer bags then I freeze it. That way I can make my favorite rhubarb recipes any time of the year.
- 4 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2″ pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 & 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup quick one minute oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the rhubarb, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes.
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with cooking oil.
- Mix rhubarb mixture again then pour rhubarb mixture into the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, oats, brown sugar and butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over the rhubarb mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.