I just love Easter time with all the colored eggs and sweet treats. I got the idea for this cake from a post that I saw on a Facebook page a few years back. I thought it was so cute and looked simple to make. This was the easiest decorated cake I have ever made.
- 1 cake mix, any flavor
- your favorite frosting recipe
- 3 cups coconut, colored green with food coloring
- different colored flat bunny peeps
- M & M eggs or jelly beans
- Using two 9″ round baking pans, make a cake mix and bake according to the directions on the box.
- Remove the cake from the pans and let cool on a rack.
- Make your favorite frosting recipe and frost one layer of cake, place the other cake on top of the first layer and frost the 2nd layer too, including the sides.
- Put the peeps completely around the outside of the cake. Use extra frosting as the glue to hold them in place.
- In a small bowl mix about 3 cups of the coconut with green food coloring until combined. Place coconut on top of the cake.
- Place the chocolate eggs or jelly beans throughout the coconut.