I just love Easter time with all the colored eggs and sweet treats. I got the idea for this cake from a post that I saw on a Facebook page a few years back. I thought it was so cute and looked simple to make. This was the easiest decorated cake I have ever made.
- 1 cake mix, any flavor
- your favorite frosting recipe
- 3 cups coconut, colored green with food coloring
- different colored flat bunny peeps
- M & M eggs or jelly beans
- Using two 9″ round baking pans, make a cake mix and bake according to the directions on the box.
- Remove the cake from the pans and let cool on a rack.
- Make your favorite frosting recipe and frost one layer of cake, place the other cake on top of the first layer and frost the 2nd layer too, including the sides.
- Put the peeps completely around the outside of the cake. Use extra frosting as the glue to hold them in place.
- In a small bowl mix about 3 cups of the coconut with green food coloring until combined. Place coconut on top of the cake.
- Place the chocolate eggs or jelly beans throughout the coconut.
Categories: Cakes, Candy, Desserts, Frosting/Icing, Uncategorized
Your grandies must absolutely love visiting you Diane.
Yes they would live here if we would let them…lol They are here a lot. Thanks Chris!
Fantastic, and super-yummy!
Happy Sweet Easter 😋
Thank you Sid! I hope things are going well for you!
This is beautiful, Diane. Looks like a lot of fun to make. 🙂
This is adorable!
Thank you I was very happy with how it turned out.
I was wondering what the grass was made of! Coconut! That makes sense, and it sounds delicious 🙂
Yes and I let the frosting dry before putting the coconut on. That way if someone doesn’t like coconut it brushes right off and they still get the frosting. Thank you and have a great weekend.
Awe thank you so much!
So fun! 🙂
It was very fun to make and eat…lol Thank you!