Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
Corned Beef was half price because of St. Patty’s Day next week.
We bought two and I will be posting some recipes this week that I love.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage cooks in the slow cooker all day
which makes it so delicious, tender and moist. It is very simple to make.
Place the potatoes, carrots, onions,
salt & pepper into the slow cooker.
Place your corned beef on top of the veggies,
fat side up and pour the apple juice on top.
Add the spices that came with the Corned Beef,
put the lid on and cook on low for 6 hours.
Place your prepared cabbage around the
corned beef and continue cooking with the
lid for 2 more hours. Remove the corned beef.
Discard the fat and cut bite size pieces from the meat.
Return the meat to the slow cooker and cook
on low for 1 more hour then serve.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage
- 1 (3#-4#) corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 onion peeled & sliced
- 1½ cup of 100% apple juice (optional) you can use water instead
- 1 head green cabbage, cut into 2″ pieces
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a 5-6 quart slow cooker place prepared potatoes, carrots and onion. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place corned beef on top of veggies, fat side up.
- Pour apple juice on top and sprinkle spices from corned beef over the top of the meat.
- Place lid on and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Place prepared cabbage around the meat, pushing down into liquid if possible. Cook on low another 2 hours.
- Remove corned beef, remove fat from corned beef, cut into serving size pieces or shred and return to the slow cooker.
- Cook 1 hour more then serve.