Baked Beef Taquitos
Ground beef with taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and pepper jack cheese inside a corn tortilla and baked in the oven. These freeze extremely well, if you have any left!
Cover a large baking sheet with
foil and spray it with cooking oil.
In a large skillet over medium heat,
cook the ground beef until no longer
pink then drain any excess grease.
Add the Rotel tomatoes, salt, pepper
the stir to combine.
Add the taco seasonings.
Stir well to combine and
remove from the heat.
Pour ground beef mixture
into a large bowl.
Add the cheese.
Stir until the cheese melts and set aside.
Place 3 corn tortilla between
paper towels and microwave
for 45 seconds on high.
Remove one tortilla from
the paper towel, keeping the
others covered. Place 2 rounded
tablespoons of meat mixture on the
front third of the tortilla.
Tightly roll up the tortilla
around the meat mixture.
After they are rolled place
them, seam side down, on the
prepared baking sheet.
Spray them with cooking oil.
Bake them in a preheated
400º oven for 15 minutes.
Then serve with taco sauce if you wish.
Baked Beef Taquitos
- 1# ground beef
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning (a packet)
- 1-10 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 4 oz. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 16 six-inch corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a large baking sheet with foil then spray it with cooking oil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the ground beef until no pink remains, drain any excess grease.
- Add Rotel diced tomatoes, salt and pepper then stir to combine. Add the taco seasoning and stir. Remove from the heat.
- Pour ground beef mixture into a large bowl. Add the cheese and stir until the cheese melts and set aside.
- On a plate, place 3 corn tortillas in between sheets of paper towels and stacked on top of each other. (paper towel, tortilla, paper towel, tortilla, paper towel, tortilla, paper towel)
- Microwave for 45 seconds on high.
- Remove one tortilla from the plate but keep the rest covered with the paper towels.
- Place 2 rounded tablespoons of the meat mixture on top of the front third of the tortilla. Wrap the tortilla around the ground beef mixture by rolling it tightly.
- Once rolled, place it on the prepared foil, seam side down. Continue with the rest until all the ground beef mixture is used up.
- Spray the tortillas with cooking oil and bake for 15 minutes then serve. You can serve with taco sauce if you wish.
Categories: Cheese, Ground Beef, Spices/Seasoning, Tortilla
Looks great! I can imagine you could use any shredded or ground meat. I love Taquitos with guacamole and yogurt or sour cream on top 🙂
Thank you! Yes you can, I love mine with taco sauce.
Hi! I am keeping this recipe. It looks like a keeper! Also, in one picture you had a white round plate with red and black swirls. I have the same set except mine has square plates. I call them my summer dishes!
Those are our every day dishes, they are Corelle dishes. I love them because they are so light and don’t break easily. Thank you!
Thank you so much for sharing❤️
These look so good! And great way to meal prep for a rainy day when you don’t want to cook.
Have you tried doing these in the Air Fryer?
No and only because it would take forever. One batch makes a lot and I would rather throw them all on a sheet pan and cook them all at once. My Ninja Foodi is round and it wouldn’t hold very many at a time. Thank you Ab❤️
💜 Cuisine Torturing Us Again as Ever; nonetheless tasty looking makes the pain much easier to bear, YUMMY!!! 😋
💜 YOU!!! ARE Most Welcome
Thank you so much for sharing my recipe.❤️
I love taquitos. These look great.
Thank you Christy.❤️
Hi Diane – I think I will make a large quantity of these for my freezer!
They freeze so well Lillie. I freeze them on a baking sheet with waxed paper on the bottom and top. Once they are frozen individually I put a bunch in a ziploc freezer bag. They heat up in the microwave in about 1-2 minutes. It works so much easier with help. I make everything up and keep the microwave part going. Then I give my husband the tortilla from the microwave and he rolls them for me, so much quicker for me. Enjoy, the are delicious.
These look so good. Rotel is the ultimate secret ingredient.
Oh yes it sure is, I use it a lot. Thank you Linda!
Wow, those look delicious! Will have to give this a try!
Thank you Paul and enjoy!
Yummy! Thank you! I love these!
You’re very welcome❤️
Looks great! Can’t wait to try it.
Thank you and have a great day!
We tried to make taquitos like a year ago and it was a disaster. John tried to fry them and they came apart in the fryer (oh was it a mess) – we need to try your baked recipe, thanks!
The secret to this way is putting the tortillas in the microwave between paper towel to soften them before rolling them. I hope you can give them a try. You’re welcome Tierney!
Looks like another good one – already printed and in my “to make” stack! Thanks, Diane.
I print every recipe I have made for my blog. Some day I will organize them and have them for my kids when I leave this earth. I’m glad you are finding recipes to try. You are very welcome!
I’ve got to try these!
We love them I bet you will too.❤️
I love taquitos, never considered making them myself, but maybe now…looks delicious! Hugs, C
Thank you Cheryl!
Oh, these look really good! I’m with you … I doubt whether there will be any left for the freezer 😉.
When I made a double batch just for the freezer they disappeared so fast I haven’t froze them again. Lol Thanks so much!
I wouldn’t have any left to freeze either – they look yummy looking Diane!
Thank you Linda. We usually have them gone by day two unless I make them just for freezing or make a double batch.
Thank you again!!! ❤️
I love your recipe so much so including a link to yours in my blog post this Thursday 🙂❤️
Thank you so much and I’m glad you loved it.
Thank you this sounds wonderful!