Baked Beef Taquitos
Ground beef with taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and pepper jack cheese inside a corn tortilla and baked in the oven. These freeze extremely well, if you have any left!
Cover a large baking sheet with
foil and spray it with cooking oil.
In a large skillet over medium heat,
cook the ground beef until no longer
pink then drain any excess grease.
Add the Rotel tomatoes, salt, pepper
the stir to combine.
Add the taco seasonings.
Stir well to combine and
remove from the heat.
Pour ground beef mixture
into a large bowl.
Add the cheese.
Stir until the cheese melts and set aside.
Place 3 corn tortilla between
paper towels and microwave
for 45 seconds on high.
Remove one tortilla from
the paper towel, keeping the
others covered. Place 2 rounded
tablespoons of meat mixture on the
front third of the tortilla.
Tightly roll up the tortilla
around the meat mixture.
After they are rolled place
them, seam side down, on the
prepared baking sheet.
Spray them with cooking oil.
Bake them in a preheated
400º oven for 15 minutes.
Then serve with taco sauce if you wish.
Baked Beef Taquitos
- 1# ground beef
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning (a packet)
- 1-10 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 4 oz. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 16 six-inch corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a large baking sheet with foil then spray it with cooking oil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the ground beef until no pink remains, drain any excess grease.
- Add Rotel diced tomatoes, salt and pepper then stir to combine. Add the taco seasoning and stir. Remove from the heat.
- Pour ground beef mixture into a large bowl. Add the cheese and stir until the cheese melts and set aside.
- On a plate, place 3 corn tortillas in between sheets of paper towels and stacked on top of each other. (paper towel, tortilla, paper towel, tortilla, paper towel, tortilla, paper towel)
- Microwave for 45 seconds on high.
- Remove one tortilla from the plate but keep the rest covered with the paper towels.
- Place 2 rounded tablespoons of the meat mixture on top of the front third of the tortilla. Wrap the tortilla around the ground beef mixture by rolling it tightly.
- Once rolled, place it on the prepared foil, seam side down. Continue with the rest until all the ground beef mixture is used up.
- Spray the tortillas with cooking oil and bake for 15 minutes then serve. You can serve with taco sauce if you wish.