Cheesy Shrimp Nachos
Tortilla chips, shrimp, tomatoes, black olives, shredded cheese, bacon and more. I made this fabulous loaded Cheesy Shrimp Nachos for our meal and we devoured it!
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
Add the shrimp, salt and pepper to taste and cook
for about 2 -4 minutes turning over halfway through
until the shrimp turns an opaque pink color.
Remove the shrimp from the pan immediately and place
it on a cutting board. Cut each shrimp into 3-4 pieces.
Spread the tortilla chips onto a large baking sheet.
Using a spoon drizzle the 15 oz. jar of Mild Salsa Con
Queso over the tortilla chips and top with cooked bacon.
Add the sliced black olives and sliced tomatoes.
Top with the shredded cheese. Bake in a preheated 400º
oven for 10 – 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Remove from the oven and immediately
top with the shrimp pieces and green onion.
Add dollops of sour cream and
serve with salsa on the side (optional).
Cheesy Shrimp Nachos
- 1 large bag of tortilla chips (I used about 3/4 of the bag)
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 12-16 oz. uncooked shrimp, tail and shell removed
- 1 – 15 oz. jar Mild Salsa Con Queso
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 8 oz. Mexican shredded cheese
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 4-8 oz. sour cream
- 1 jar salsa, your favorite kind (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shrimp, salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 2-4 minutes turning over halfway through. The shrimp will turn an opaque pinkish color when done.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet immediately and cut each shrimp into 3-4 pieces then set aside.
- Pour the tortilla chips onto a large baking sheet, overlapping them.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the Mild Salsa Con Queso over the tortilla chips then top with the bacon.
- Top with the sliced tomatoes and olives.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until it is hot and the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and immediately top with the shrimp. Garnish with the sliced green onions.
- Add dollops of sour cream and serve with salsa on the side, optional.