Grilled Cheese Jalapeño Popper Sandwich
I bet you never tried this one before. If you love Grilled Cheese and Jalapeño Poppers then you have to try this! Buttered bread, American cheese, jalapeño poppers, fresh garden tomato and mayonnaise or Miracle Whip (my favorite) is what made this a delicious sandwich with a little bit of a kick.
Yesterday for lunch I used our garden jalapeño peppers and I made a huge plate of Jalapeño Poppers and I couldn’t eat them all. I also had a bowl full of our delicious ripe garden tomatoes that just screamed Grilled Cheese Sandwich. I thought why not put the Jalapeño Poppers on the Grilled Cheese Sandwich? Actually this was planted in my head, a few months ago, when I saw a picture posted by Small Town Woman so I decided to make my own version and I am so glad that I did!
Butter one side of each piece of bread.
Place the American cheese and cooked
jalapeño poppers on one piece of bread,
the side that is NOT buttered.
Place the other piece of bread
on top, buttered side UP.
Grill the bread in a skillet over medium low heat
until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Slice the fresh garden tomato. Store
bought tomatoes never look like that!
Place the slices of tomato in between the two
slices of bread. Add your favorite condiment
like mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, optional.
Slice and serve immediately.
Grilled Cheese Jalapeno Popper Sandwich
- 2 slices bread, your favorite I used white
- 2 to 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 slices American cheese, or your favorite
- Jalapeño poppers, sliced in half lengthwise (enough to cover one piece of bread)
- 1 large slice of tomato
- mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
- Butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Place one slice of bread buttered side down and place the cheese on the unbuttered side.
- Lay the jalapeno poppers on top of the cheese.
- Place the other slice of bread on top of the jalapeno poppers, buttered side up.
- Lay the bread on a skillet over medium low heat and cook until a golden brown and the cheese melts.
- Sliced a thick piece of the tomato. Open up the two pieces of grilled bread and add a tomato slice on top of the poppers.
- Add mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip) to the other piece of the bread.
- Put the two slices together, cut in two and serve.