Ginger Soy Glazed Chicken
What a fabulous tasting chicken that reminds me of the teriyaki chicken we use to buy at the food court in the mall. I always said I wish I had that recipe and I don’t think this could taste anymore like it. One of my new favorite chicken recipes for sure! Add a side of rice and vegetable for a delicious and complete meal.
In a small bowl add the brown sugar, soy sauce,
garlic, ginger, pepper and 1 Tbsp. of the oil.
Stir to combine and until
the brown sugar dissolves.
Cut the chicken into 2″ pieces (approximately).
Add the chicken and marinade to a large
Ziploc bag, coating both sides of the chicken
and removing as much air as possible. Place
in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 3 hours.
Heat a large skillet over medium
heat then add the remaining oil.
Remove the chicken from the bag leaving
as much marinade in the bag as possible
and place the chicken into the hot skillet.
Cook until brown on both sides and 165 degrees
inside the thickest piece, do not overcook. Remove
chicken to a dish and cover to keep warm .
Place the marinade into the skillet and heat
to boiling. Whisk the marinade as it boils
to remove any brown bits from the skillet.
Continue to boil until it turns into a thick glaze.
Remove skillet from the heat and place the
chicken into the skillet. Toss until all of
the chicken is coated with the glaze.
Place chicken on a plate, garnish with sesame seeds
and/or sliced green onions (optional) and serve.
Ginger Soy Glazed Chicken
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 2# chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- In a small bowl add the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, pepper and 1 Tbsp. oil. Stir to combine and until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Cut the chicken into 2″ pieces.
- Pour the marinade into a gallon Ziploc bag. Add the chicken and remove as much air as possible. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 3 hours.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the remaining oil.
- Remove chicken pieces from the marinade leaving as much marinade in the bag as possible, set aside the marinade.
- Place chicken pieces into the hot skillet and cook until brown on both sides and 165 degrees inside the thickest piece, do not overcook. Remove chicken to a dish and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Pour the marinade from the bag into the skillet. Heat to boiling and whisk as it cooks to remove any brown bits from the skillet. Continue to whisk and boil until it turns into a thick glaze.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the cooked chicken. Toss to coat all of the chicken with the glaze.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onion if you would like, then serve.