Taco Lettuce Wraps
Simple yet exploding in flavor! Ground beef simmered with taco seasoning, onion, taco sauce and more. All that yumminess placed on top of large lettuce leaves then topped with cheese and your favorite toppings. A wonderful way to have a taco by skipping the taco shell and replacing it with lettuce.
In a large frying pan over medium heat,
add the ground beef and cook until no
pink remains then drain the grease.
Add the taco seasoning to the ground beef.
Combine the taco sauce, water and onion.
Pour the mixture into the ground beef.
Stir and bring to a simmer. Simmer
for about 10 minutes, without a cover.
It will be ready when all of
the liquid is all absorbed.
Add the tomato sauce and stir.
Bring to a simmer and simmer until the
liquid is absorbed and the ground beef
can be picked up with a spoon.
Place the ground beef onto the lettuce leaves.
Top with cheese, tomatoes, jalapeños
or your favorite toppings then serve.
Taco Lettuce Wraps
- 1# ground beef
- 1 – package (1 & 1/4 oz.) OR 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. dried minced onions
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 jalepeno pepper, sliced or diced
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce heart leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- Taco seasoning for topping
- Any other of your favorite toppings, optional
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add the ground beef and cook until no pink remains. Drain and discard the grease.
- Stir in the taco seasoning.
- In a small bowl combine the taco sauce, water and dried onions.
- Pour mixture into the ground beef and stir well.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir. Bring to a simmer and simmer until the liquid is absorbed again. You should be able to scoop it up with a spoon, it will be thick. Remove from the heat.
- Let it sit for a few minutes to cool down. Place spoonful’s of the mixture onto the individual lettuce leaves.
- Top with cheese, tomatoes, jalapeno’s, extra taco sauce and any other topping you want then serve.