These pancakes tasted like dessert when I topped them with this delicious Blueberry Sauce and whipped cream! My homegrown Blueberries were used in this recipe but you can use fresh store bought or even frozen. This sauce isn’t just for pancakes. Put it on waffles, ice cream or what ever you desire.
In a small saucepan, over medium heat,
add the blueberries, sugar and apple juice.
In a small bowl, whisk the
cornstarch with the cold water.
Pour the cornstarch mixture
into the blueberries and stir.
Bring to a boil stirring frequently.
Continue to boil stirring constantly until thick.
Remove from the heat and stir
in the cinnamon and vanilla.
Pour over pancakes, waffles, ice cream,
cake or what ever you prefer.
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 & 1/4 cup 100% apple juice
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the blueberries, sugar and apple juice.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Add to the blueberries and stir.
- Bring to a boil stirring frequently. Once it boils stir constantly until thick.
- Remove from the heat, add the cinnamon and vanilla then stir to combine.
- Pour over pancakes, waffles, ice cream, cake or whatever you prefer.