Chicken Fried Rice
Chicken Fried Rice can be made in no time at all when you use already cooked chicken (I used rotisserie chicken) and leftover cooked rice. This tastes just like it came from the restaurant and is much cheaper than buying it. When I buy a rotisserie chicken I eat the dark meat and freeze each chicken breast half separately to use with recipes like this one. When I make a meal with rice, I double the amount of rice I need and use the leftovers to make meals like this so much quicker. Don’t be afraid of this recipe, it really is simple to make.
In a large frying pan or wok
over medium low heat,
add the oil.
Add the onion and peas with carrots.
Cook the vegetables until the
onion is almost tender.
Add the cooked chicken to the vegetables.
Gently combine the chicken with the
vegetables cooking until the chicken is hot.
Push the chicken and vegetables to one side.
Add the whisked egg and use a spatula to
cook the egg breaking it up into small pieces.
Combine the egg, chicken and vegetables
and push them to the side of the pan or wok.
Add the cooked rice spreading it out to fill
the rest of the pan. Cook the rice just until hot.
Gently combined all of the
ingredients in the pan.
Add the soy sauce and toss to combined.
Chicken Fried Rice
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 4 – 5 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen carrots with peas, thawed
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce, or to taste
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten with a fork
- 2 cups cooked chicken, I used a rotisserie chicken breast
- In a large pan or Wok, heat the oil over medium low heat.
- Add the onion and peas with carrots. Cook until the onions are almost tender.
- Add the cooked chicken, cooking until the chicken is hot.
- Push the chicken and veggies to the side of the pan. Add the whisked egg to the empty side of the pan and using a spatula completely cook the egg breaking it up until small cooked pieces form. Combine the egg with the rest of the mixture and push it all to the side.
- Add the cooked rice to the empty spot in the pan, spreading it out. Cook, stirring constantly, just until the rice is hot then toss everything together.
- Add the soy sauce tossing to combine then serve.