Hunter’s Style Chicken
What a totally different way to fix chicken in one pan! So many wonderful flavors in this recipe that all come together to make this delicious meal! This is really good served over rice for a complete meal.
Source: Adapted from My Great Recipes
Dredge the chicken strips into the cornstarch.
Add the oil to a deep skillet over medium heat.
Once hot add the chicken. Brown chicken
for a few minutes, turning when brown
and chicken is cooked through.
Push chicken to one side and add
the mushrooms and green onions.
Sauté until tender for about 3 minutes.
Add the artichoke hearts.
Add the chicken broth or wine.
Heat to boiling.
Sprinkle on the dry seasonings.
Add the cream.
Gently stir to combine.
Cook for about 5 minutes
until hot and sauce is thick.
Place on a serving plate and enjoy!
Hunter's Style Chicken
- 16 oz chicken breasts (skinless & boneless) cut into 1” strips
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, more if needed
- 1 cup sliced green onions, including tops
- 4 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 10 oz cooked artichoke hearts (optional), sliced in half
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup liquid whipping cream (or heavy cream)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- Dredge the chicken in the cornstarch.
- Pour the oil into a deep skillet and heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the chicken and cook until brown and the chicken is cooked through.
- Turn the heat to medium heat. Push chicken to the side of the skillet.
- Add the green onions and mushrooms. Sauté until they are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the artichoke hearts and wine (or chicken broth).
- Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the top and heat to boiling.
- Stir in the cream. Turn to a simmer and simmer for about 5 minutes or until thick and hot.
- Place on a serving plate and serve over rice if you wish.