Herb & Garlic Pasta With Shrimp
Who doesn’t love Shrimp & Pasta with Garlic for a meal! Make this as spicy as you want by adding red pepper flakes or leave them out all together. Made with a chicken broth base and the added flavor of herbs and spices is what makes this taste so good!
In a large non stick frying pan, melt
the butter over medium heat. If using
fresh garlic add it and cook a minute.
I used garlic from the jar so I didn’t add it yet.
Add red pepper flakes, paprika and parsley.
Continue to cook for another minute.
Add the shrimp.
Toss the shrimp until they a are completely
coated with the butter mixture.
Cook about a minute on each side or until
the shrimp turns pink but do not over cook.
Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
Cook the pasta al dente according
to the package directions
Return pasta to the hot pan you
cooked it in. Cover to keep warm.
In a medium pot over medium heat
add the chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
Whisk in the cornstarch a little at a time
so it doesn’t lump up. (If you do get
lumps pour the broth through a strainer
before adding it to the shrimp.) Bring to a
boil and cook until slightly thickened.
Pour the broth into the shrimp
pan with the shrimp and heat for
one minute over medium heat.
Add the shrimp and broth to the pasta.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with fresh parsley (optional).
Place on serving plates and enjoy!
Herb & Garlic Pasta With Shrimp
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (more or less to your taste)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1# shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1# spaghetti
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- In a large non stick frying pan melt the butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add the red pepper flakes, paprika and dried parsley. Cook 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and toss coating the shrimp completely with the butter mixture.
- Cook for about 1 minute on each side or until the shrimp turn pink. Do not over cook the shrimp they cook fast. Remove pan with shrimp from the heat and set aside.
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the package directions. Drain and return to the hot pot you cooked them in. Cover to keep warm.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the broth, a little at a time, so you don’t get lumps. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened.
- Put the shrimp pan over medium heat and immediately add the broth. Cook for 1 minute to get shrimp hot.
- Add the shrimp and the broth to the pasta. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on serving plates and garnish with fresh parsley (optional).
Delicious 😋 I could eat pasta everyday 🤪
I agree! Thank you!
You’re so right Diana, everyone loves shrimp pasta with garlic. I’m ready to twirl my fork in a plateful!
I love your food, always looks so good🌸
Thank you so much!
Yes can do this we grow garlic strong and large in the kitchen gardens here. Shrimps all sea fish comes in from Baltic and North sea. one of the best places in the world for cheaper fish
Oh my….. can I come live with you…hahahaha
This sounds amazing, I’ve never thought to do it that way…sounds like it would give so much flavor to the pasta. Yet another one of yours to bookmark for next time shrimp is on sale 😂 thanks!
You’re welcome! I’ll tell you a secret! I must have eaten 4 shrimp right after they cooked in the butter with the seasoning! I could have made a meal just with the shrimp!
I believe it!! I bet they smelled too good at that point not to!
Yum – another one of my favorites!
This is one of the rare times I didn’t use an Alfredo sauce. I can eat shrimp and pasta just about anyway…lol Thank you!
I’ve never met a shrimp I didn’t like…lol Thanks Laura!
Oh my daughter is a shrimpaholic! 😂
A girl after my own heart! Lol
This looks delicious! I’m adding it to the menu this week.
Thank you! Enjoy!!!
Butter, garlic, and herbs are always a delicious combination. Thanks for sharing another tasty recipe, Diane.
You are very welcome Linda!🥰
Awesome recipe. Keep sharing more.
Thank you! ❤️
Can’t go wrong with a plate filled with jumbo shrimp! 🙂
That’s for sure Jacquie!
Oh man, you scored again. Good one, thanks Diane.
Thank you Barbara!
That looks delicious Diane – makes my mouth water!
Awwww thanks Linda!
You’re welcome Diane it sure looked good.
Oh yeah! Thanks!
Looks delicious! 💕
This looks divine!❤️❤️
My top favourite! x
Can’t go wrong with shrimp and pasta Lilly!
Hmmm I can’t wait to try this out ..looks so delicious !
I swear I could eat shrimp and pasta every day! Enjoy!
Ohhh my YUM. Will be trying this asap! Pasta and shrimp are two of my favorite foods in the world! Thanks for sharing your recipe!!
You’re welcome Anna!
This look phenomenal!! One of the very first meals I learned to make for myself growing up was a shrimp scampi, and this reminds me of that a little bit! Thanks for sharing, Diane : )
You’re welcome Mackenzie and thank you for your nice comment!
Yum! Classic combination
Yes it all is just meant to go together. I am such a lover of shrimp and pasta! Thank you!
Definitely pinning this one, looks delicious and so easy to make. Thanks Diane.
Oh yes you can’t go wrong with pasta and shrimp combination! Thank you Carla!
Pasta is the key of happiness!! 😛 Check out my blog 🙂