Instant Pot Penne all’arrabiata
This Instant Pot Italian vegetarian pasta dish was a huge hit with my husband. It can be cooked and on your table in less than 30 minutes. Full of vegetables and penne pasta for a wonderful hearty meal.
Source: Instant Pot Cookbook 1000 Day Instant Pot Recipes Plan
Select sauté (less) and add the olive oil.
When hot add the onions and sauté
them until soft, about 2 minutes.
Add the garlic and the zucchini
and sauté for another minute.
Add the water (or wine) and deglaze the
bottom of the pan. Turn instant pot off.
Add the herbs, salt, pepper and
jalapeño pepper (or red chili pepper).
Stir to combine.
Add the marinara sauce and stir.
Pour the penne pasta on top.
Stir until all of the pasta is
completely covered in sauce.
Set the Instant Pot to manual (low)
for 5 minutes. When done allow the
pressure to release naturally for
5 minutes and then do a quick release
of the remaining pressure.
Place on a large serving plate or
in a bowl and serve immediately.
Instant Pot Penne all'arrabiata
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved & sliced 3/4” thick
- 3/4 cup water or dry white wine
- 1 Jalapeño pepper or 2 red chilies, seeds removed and diced
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups vegetarian marinara sauces
- 16 oz penne pasta
- Select sauté (less) on the instant pot and add olive oil.
- Once hot add the onions and sauté for about 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic and zucchini and sauté for another minute.
- Add the water (or wine) and deglaze the bottom of the pan. Turn off the instant pot.
- Add the herbs, salt and pepper. Add the jalapeno (or red chili) pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the marinara sauce and stir.
- Add the pasta and stir until the pasta is completely covered in sauce.
- Put the lid on and set the instant pot to manual (low) for 5 minutes. When done, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes then do a quick release of the remaining pressure.
- Place on a serving plate or in a large bowl and serve immediately.