Rice and Beef Stew
What a delicious Rice and Beef Stew this turned out to be! This tasted as good as it looks, was very easy to make and a great way to use up left over rice. A nice hearty dish for the winter or any time of the year! This recipe serves four nice size servings.
Source: Adapted from Favorite Brand Name Country Christmas
Place the meat chunks into a large bowl.
Add the flour, salt and pepper.
Toss the meat with the flour mixture
until no flour remains in the bowl.
In a large pan heat the oil
over medium heat.
Add the meat and fry until browned.
Add more oil if needed.
Add the carrots, onion and mushrooms.
Stir to combine with the meat. Cook for
about 3 minutes stirring frequently.
Add the tomatoes and gravy then stir
to combine. Reduce to a simmer, cover
and cook until the carrots are tender. Stir
occasionally, mine took about 20-30 minutes.
Add the cooked rice.
Stir and simmer until hot.
Place in a bowl and serve.
Rice and Beef Stew
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 pound sirloin steak, boneless and cut into 3/4” chunks
- 1 Tbsp oil (more if needed)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes (I used the tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano)
- 13.8 oz canned beef gravy
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- Place the meat into a large bowl. Add the flour, salt and pepper. Toss until there is no flour left in the bowl.
- Add the oil to a large pan. Heat over medium heat. Add the meat and fry until lightly browned, adding more oil if needed.
- Add the carrots, onion and mushrooms. Stir to combine. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and gravy and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, cover and simmer until the carrot are tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir to combine and cook a few minutes until hot then serve.
This will serve four nice size servings.