With the temperature getting cooler outside it’s time for soup. This Chili recipe is one my husband has made for me since we were married. We also use this same Chili recipe to make Cincinnati Chili (Chili over pasta with cheese).
Here is the link to the Cincinnati Chili recipe if you’re interested.
Add the ground beef and
onion to a large frying pan.
Cook over medium heat until the
onion is tender and there is no
pink left in the ground beef.
Discard any grease.
In a large pot add all of the other
ingredients then stir well.
Add the hamburger
& onion and stir again.
Bring to a boil over medium heat,
reduce to a simmer and simmer
for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with
chili powder if you want and serve.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1.25 oz packet of chili seasoning mix
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 – 10.75 oz tomato soup
- 1 – 15.5 oz can mild or hot chili beans
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook ground beef and onion, discarding the grease.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to a large pot and stir until combined.
- Add the hamburger mixture to the large pot and stir.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes uncovered.
- Serve topped with chili powder, optional.