Creamy Tuscan Chicken
This meal tasted as good as it looks! I don’t care for white meat but cooked this way it was absolutely delicious! I added some fettuccine to soak up that delicious sauce that is flavored with freshly grated parmesan cheese, garlic and Italian seasonings. Toss in some spinach and fresh tomatoes…….amazing!
For all the real Italians cooks reading this, I am not Italian and this is just my version of Tuscan Chicken so go easy on me. All I can say is where has this been all my life!
Source: Recipe was adapted from The Recipe Critic.
Place the chicken in a bag and pound it so that it is all the same thickness.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil and cook the chicken.
Salt and pepper each side to taste.
Cook until lightly brown and 165 degrees at the thickest part.
Remove from the pan and place on a plate and keep warm.
In a large pot boil water and cook linguine according to the package directions.
Drain pasta and keep warm.
In the same pan the chicken cooked in add the heavy cream, chicken broth,
garlic powder, Italian seasonings and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, over medium heat.
Reduce heat to medium low, simmering until the mixture becomes thicker.
This will take some time to reduce and thicken, stirring frequently.
Once thickened, add the tomatoes and spinach cooking
a few minutes until the spinach is wilted.
Add the chicken to the pan, cooking a few minutes until chicken gets warmer.
Serve hot over linguine.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach
- 8 oz Linguine
- Pound the chicken so they are all an even thickness.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and cook chicken until no longer pink and 165 degrees at the thickest part.
- Remove chicken to a plate and keep warm.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions, drain and keep warm.
- Add to the chicken pan the cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, Italian seasonings and Parmesan cheese. Stir frequently until hot and it thickens, this takes some time.
- Add the tomatoes and spinach cooking until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the chicken breasts back to the pan for a few minutes to warm.
- Serve over pasta.