Honey Mustard Chicken
This Honey Mustard Chicken tasted amazing! I usually don’t like white meat but this was so moist and the flavor….wow! I would eat this again anytime. I had a gigantic chicken breast and cut it up for my husband and myself. If you make this for more than two people just double it, triple it or what ever amount you need. I used my homemade Honey Mustard Sauce (http://indianeskitchen.com/2018/02/07/honey-mustard-sauce) with this, however, you can use any Honey Mustard Sauce you would like.
Recipe adapted from Sherrie Collis.
Ingredients – Salt & Pepper too!
In a large frying pan over medium low
heat, melt the butter, add the chicken
pieces then salt & pepper.
Brush the Honey Mustard Sauce
liberally on top of the chicken.
Cook for about 10 minutes until
chicken is cooked halfway through.
Turn the chicken over and brush with
the rest of the Honey Mustard Sauce.
Once the chicken is completely cooked,
remove from the pan. Add the flour
to the pan and whisk until bubbly.
Slowly whisk in the chicken
broth and then the Half-n-Half.
Continue to whisk until the sauce
gets thick. Add the chicken back into
the pan and cook another five minutes
turning over halfway through.
Place the chicken on a plate and pour
the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Honey Mustard Chicken
- 2 chicken breast, boneless & skinless (I cut mine into pieces)
- 2 Tbl butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup honey mustard sauce
- 1-1/2 Tbl flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Half-n-Half
- In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium low heat.
- Add the chicken then salt and pepper the chicken to taste.
- Brush the top of the chicken liberally with the honey mustard sauce.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked halfway through.
- Turn the chicken over and brush on the rest of the honey mustard sauce.
- Continue to cook until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the flour to the pan whisking until it bubbles. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and then the Half-n-Half. Continue to cook and whisk until it bubbles and gets thick.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and continue to cook for five minutes turning over halfway through.
- Place the chicken on a serving plate and pour the sauce on top.