Tomato with Basil & Mozzarella Cheese is an amazing combination. My husband and I usually like food fixed the same way but this is one we like differently. He likes this just like the picture shows, not cooked. Me on the other hand, I prefer mine cooked in the oven where the tomato is warm and the cheese is melted. So I will leave it up to you how you would like to fix yours. The recipe is the same either way other than mine goes into the oven.
Including olive oil to drizzle on top.
Spray a foil covered baking
sheet with olive oil.
Place tomato slices on the pan.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle a thin layer of oregano
onto each tomato slice.
Place a piece of fresh mozzarella cheese
on top of each tomato. Sprinkle fresh basil
pieces on top. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
At this point you can go ahead and eat
these, like my husband does or…..
In a preheated 400 degree oven bake for
10 minutes until the cheese melts.
Place on a serving plate and serve hot.
- 2 – 3 large tomatoes, sliced about 1/4” thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 sprigs fresh basil, chopped
- olive oil
- Spray a foil covered baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place sliced tomatoes on the pan.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Top with cheese and basil then drizzle with olive oil.
- You can eat them now or continue on if you want them warm and the cheese melted.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 10 minutes until the cheese melts and serve warm.