This Pizza Steak was absolutely DELICIOUS! The sauce was amazing and my grandchildren asked for seconds! My husband was still raving about it the next day!!! Pizza Steak is made using round steak and the flavorful pizza sauce is full of cheese! My only regret was not making more, there were no leftovers.
Cut the roundsteak into serving size pieces,
removing any bone, fat or stringy parts.
Place the meat onto a cutting board and
pound 1/2 cup of the Parmesan Cheese
and garlic powder into the meat.
Turn the meat over and pound
another 1/2 cup of the Parmesan
Cheese into that side of the meat.
In a large frying pan, heat the oil
over medium heat until hot.
Add the meat pieces and cook
until browned on both sides.
Add water and heat until bubbly
Add the rest of the ingredients.
Cook and Stir until all of the cheese is melted.
Spray a 3 quart casserole dish with
cooking spray. Place the browned
meat into the casserole dish.
Pour all of the tomato mixture
over the top of the meat.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven,
covered, for 45 minutes to an hour or
until tender. Remove from the oven and
place on a serving plate. Serve immediately.
- 3# round steak
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese, divided in half
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 – 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the steak into serving size pieces removing fat, bones and stringy pieces.
- Pound 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese and garlic powder into one side of the meat with a mallet. Turn meat over and pound another 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese into the meat.
- Place oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Once hot add the meat and brown on both sides.
- Add water and heat until bubbly. Add the rest of the ingredients, heating until the cheese melts.
- Spray a 3 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Add the steak. Pour the tomato liquid over the top of the meat and cover.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Remove from the oven and place the meat on a serving plate. Pour the liquid over the top and serve.