Meatless Chicken Noodle Soup
I was hungry for Chicken Noodle Soup but I had my fill of chicken. I decided to make Meatless Chicken Noodle Soup. You can use your own chicken stock, chicken broth or water with bouillon cubes to make the broth. However this product below is my absolute favorite when I don’t have time to make my own.
I used this product called Better than Bouillon and let me tell you it is wonderful! It is a paste and you use 1-1/2 Tbsp per quart of water to make the best chicken stock. It costs around $6.00 but it is well worth it. You should get at least 2-3 meals out of it and it keeps in the refrigerator after it is open. Be careful though, it has salt in it so don’t add any salt to your recipe until you do a taste test.
I used water with the Better than
Bouillon for my broth, otherwise
you would use chicken broth or
equivalent instead of the water.
In a large frying pan over medium
heat add oil, celery and onion.
Cook until desired tenderness.
In a large stock pot add broth, poultry
seasoning, celery and onion. Bring to
a boil over medium heat with a lid.
Turn to a simmer and continue to
simmer for 10-15 minutes with a lid.
Combine the cornstarch and water in
a small bowl whisking until the cornstarch
is completely dissolved, slowly stir it into
the soup. Meanwhile, in a large pot boil
water and cook pasta according to the
package directions. Drain pasta and
add to the soup.
Meatless Chicken Noodle Soup
- 8 oz noodles
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 cups chicken broth or equivalent (stock, Bouillon, etc)
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- salt to taste
- In a large frying pan over medium heat add oil, celery and onion. Cook until the vegetables are as tender as you would like.
- In a large stock pot add chicken broth (or equivalent), poultry seasoning, celery and onion. Bring to a boil over medium heat with a lid. Turn to a simmer and simmer for 10-15 minutes with a lid while you continue with step 3 & 4.
- In a small bowl whisk the cornstarch and water together until the cornstarch is completely dissolved. Slowly stir it into the soup. Simmer while the pasta is cooking.
- In a large stock pot boil water. Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain completely and add the noodles to the soup.
Looks nourishing, tasty, and a recipe to remember. <3
Thank you Jack! I get tired of meat and I love pasta…lol
Lovely soup !
Reminds me of Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup….no chicken..hahahaha
Ohh I do love this! So many times I want chicken soup but dont have chicken! Great post! Thanks for sharing! 🙂
You’re welcome! Try the Better than Bouillon if you can, makes a fabulous stock!
I like the Better Than Bouillon brand too! I used another vegan cube chicken broth that I can no longer find, so had to seriously check out some brands. This was our favorite for chicken or beef!
Can you eat this when you have a cold?
Yes it’s the broth that is so healthy!
Chicken noodle soup is my favorite!! 😀
One of mine a well!
Now come on Diane.. gotta have some meat! Lol!
Sorry but I am a pasta junkie! 🤣😂🤣 I don’t make many processed foods but Ramen noodle bowls…..yum…all pasta! I guess that’s what this reminds me of. OK chicken just for you tomorrow!
Lol!! Yes!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
I love meatless chicken noodle soup! Great recipe.
Thank you so much! I’m glad I’m not the only one addicted to pasta!
You’re utmost welcome and pasta is an absolute favorite of mine!
Mmm! I can smell it from here! 😉
Pasta delight! Thank you!
Great when you’re feeling out of sorts. Better Than Bullion is a terrific product.
It’s crazy how long it keeps in the refrigerator but I’m sure it’s all the salt. I just love the flavor!!!