These Pizza Muffins make a great grab and go snack or a meal! I made these as a meal with the Grandkids but my husband is the one that loved them the most! I made these with pizza dough, a lot of pepperoni, cheese and a little sauce. I left the rest of the sauce to dip the muffins in after they were baked. YUM!
(I ended up not using the butter)
Cut the pizza dough in half making
two equal pieces. Unroll each piece.
Sprinkle the chopped up Pepperoni
evenly on both pieces of dough
keeping it away from the edges.
Sprinkle cheese on top of pepperoni.
Use a spoon and put a thin line
of sauce over the cheese.
Roll up both pieces of the dough
starting at the short end and
going to the other short end.
Using your hand gently squeeze and
make the roll longer without the filling
coming out. Each of my rolls ended
up about 8” long. Cut the ends off
where it is just dough.
Lightly spray a muffin or cupcake
pan with cooking spray.
Cut each roll in half using a serrated knife.
Cut each piece in half again. Keep cutting
each piece in half until you have a total
of 16 even pieces when your done cutting.
Leave the roll intact as you cut each piece
so the pepperoni doesn’t fall out. Pick up
each piece with the knife or small spatula
and quickly place each piece flat in a muffin
tin. Use a fork and press the dough so that
the dough is touching the sides of the pan.
Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for
about 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle
cheese on top of each Pizza Muffin.
Place back in the oven for a minute
until the cheese melts. Remove from
the oven and let cool a few minutes
then remove from the pan.
Serve with the extra pizza sauce.
- 1 pizza dough (I used Pillsbury 13.8 oz in the tube)
- 6 oz pepperoni, chopped small
- 12 – 15 oz of pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded (to taste)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove pizza dough from the tube. Cut the dough in half and unroll each half.
- Sprinkle pepperoni evenly on both pieces of dough staying away from the edges.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the pepperoni.
- Using a spoon, place a thin line of sauce down the middle of the cheese the full length of the dough.
- Roll the dough up from one short end all the way to the other short end.
- Using your hands (don’t roll) but carefully squeeze and stretch pressing both rolls so they are even in diameter and making them longer. Mine ended up about 8” long.
- Using a serrated knife, cut off the ends that are dough only, about 1/2” each end.
- Leaving both rolls intact so the pepperoni and cheese do not fall out, cut each roll in half (2 pieces each roll). Cut those 2 pieces in half again (4 pieces each roll). Cut all the pieces in half again (8 pieces each roll). You will have a total of 16 pieces.
- Using the knife or a small spatula, carefully and quickly slide the knife under each cut piece and place it in the muffin tin flat. Gently press each piece with a fork until the dough touches the sides of the pan. Don’t worry about how it looks it will turn out great.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the cheese. Place back in the oven for a minute until the cheese is melted. Remove and let cool a few minutes then remove from the muffin pan. Serve with a side of the extra pizza sauce.