Have you ever tasted delicious Boiled Cider? I wish I could have bottled up the smell in our house and the taste…..WOW! I started with 2 gallons of cider and gently boiled it down to 2-3/4 pints! That’s it, so simple! Boiled Cider is a syrup that is used over ice cream, oatmeal, yogurt, use instead of honey, brush on grilled veggies, mix with BBQ sauce or whatever you want to use it with! Store it in the refrigerator in a jar with a tight lid for up to 3 months.
Source: Cooking from Scratch on Debbie’s Back Porch
- 2 gallons apple cider, or whatever amount you want
- Place Cider in a heavy bottom pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn the heat down until you get a low boil.
- Stir occasionally and when it gets to a syrup consistency it is done.
- Pour into clean containers with clean lids and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- Boiled Cider is a syrup that is used over ice cream, use instead of honey, brush on grilled veggies, mix with BBQ sauce, yogurt or whatever you want!