This recipe has been around for years! I like this recipe because it doesn’t make a huge amount. It is made in a 8” x 8” baking dish. This quick and easy recipe is great for snacks or to use as a dessert. Oh the smell of apples and cinnamon baking in the house….yum!
In a medium size bowl add flour,
brown sugar, oats and butter.
Mix with a fork until crumbly.
Lightly spray a 8” by 8” baking
dish with cooking spray.
Divide oat mixture in half.
Put half into the baking dish and
press it down creating a crust.
Place apples on top of the
crust evenly. In a small bowl
combine sugar and cinnamon.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar evenly
over the apples. Top with the
last half of the oat mixture.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree
oven for 35-40 minutes or
until lightly brown on top.
Serve warm or let cool and serve.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 cups apples – peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl combine brown sugar, oats, flour and melted butter using a fork until crumbly.
- Lightly spray a 8″ x 8″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Divide the dry mixture in half. Place half of it into the baking dish and using your fingers press down creating a crust.
- Place chopped apples on top of the crust evenly.
- In a small dish, combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the apples.
- Pour the rest of the oat mixture on top.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.