Tortellini & Shrimp with Sausage
This recipe calls for sausage and I used Reindeer Kielbasa that we had shipped from Alaska. However, any sausage will work. Next time I will use Hot Italian Sausage. The Reindeer Kielbasa was very good with its own unique taste. On the package of the Reindeer Kielbasa the ingredients listed had pork first, beef second and the reindeer meat was fifth. It was definitely delicious and I am glad we ordered it! I created this recipe to be easy and it turned out to be very tasty too!
Cook the tortellini according
to the package directions.
Put 1 Tbsp. oil in a fry
pan and brown sausage
until cooked through.
Cook the shrimp in boiling water according
to the directions on the package or your
favorite way. Cook the peas and carrots,
I bought the kind that you microwave.
For the sauce, over medium
heat, melt the butter in a pan.
Add flour whisking to combine.
Slowly whisk in the cream until smooth.
Add garlic, paprika, salt and cheese
whisking over medium heat until hot .
Combine tortellini, sausage, shrimp, peas &
carrots and sauce. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Tortellini & Shrimp with Sausage
- 1# cheese tortellini
- 12 oz shrimp, shell and tail removed
- 16 oz. kielbasa (or your favorite sausage), sliced into 1/2″ pieces
- 12 oz. frozen peas & carrots
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 16 oz. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- parsley, for garnish
- Cook tortellini, shrimp and peas & carrots according to the package directions, keep warm and set aside.
- In a large fry pan over medium heat, add oil and brown both sides of sausage pieces making sure they are completely cooked through. Remove from the heat, keep warm and set aside.
- Make cream sauce by melting butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour. Whisk in the cream, slowly, until creamy and smooth. Whisk in the salt, garlic powder, cheese and paprika. Whisk constantly until hot.
- In a large bowl combine tortellini, peas & carrots, shrimp and sausage and pour the sauce over the top. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Categories: Pasta, Sausage/Kielbasa, Seafood, Vegetables/Slaws/Salads
Forgive but photo gives no justice to this idea dish using those items of food in it will be amazing to try. Just the right combination to enjoy.
Thank you Kevin! It really did have a wonderful variety of flavor. Trying different types of sausage would change the flavor each time.
Looks delicious. A recipe I will be trying this.
Thank you I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Sausages with shrimp? I don’t think I had ever tried the 2 together before. Cool!
I don’t know why, but maybe cuz this is such a fancy lookin’ dish, that I immediately thought: Hmm, I bet mafia folks eat fancy dishes like this.
And then one of ’em would say, “Take ’em out, Johnny!” Hehe.
Okay, back to reality. Great recipe, Diane!
😂🤣😂🤣😂 You are hilarious! Thanks krc!
This looks amazing. All loves pasta, but as he’s diabetic he only gets very occasionally. I’ll keep this recipe up my sleeve for a special treat for him one day. I’ll probably use a spiced chorizo for the sausage.
Awesome! Chorizo will taste amazing! I will use hot Italian sausage next time. Thanks Chris!
Whoops, All should have been Paul – doesn’t that auto correct give you the whoops sometimes.
🤣😂🤣😂 That’s for sure!
Loving all those flavors! Everyone must give this one a try. I know it’s on my short-list of “to-dos”.
Thank you! There weren’t any leftovers…lol