Seven Layer Dip
Refried beans, cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, tomato and olives were my choice when making this Seven Layer Dip that we eat as a meal. I make single serving plates of this dip so we both get only the food we love.
Heat the refried beans until hot then
place them on a serving plate.
Immediately add the cheese on
top of the hot refried beans.
Warm and add the salsa on top of the cheese.
Add sour cream to the top.
Place the scoops or tortilla
chips around the edge.
Add the lettuce.
Add the olives.
Add the chopped tomato and serve
immediately. I even drizzled
mine with taco sauce.
Seven Layer Dip
- 1 can refried beans
- 16 oz. salsa
- 6 oz. taco cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup sliced olives, black or green
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 small bag of scoops or tortilla chips
- Optional: onion, green pepper, different kind of cheese etc.
The quantity of each item is totally up to you, you may want more or less cheese or sour cream than I did for example. There is not a right or wrong amount, add whatever amount you think you would love. I made two plates full with this recipe.
- Heat the refried beans until hot then place them on your serving plates, I used two.
- Immediately add the cheese on top of the hot refried beans.
- Warm the salsa and pour it over the cheese.
- Add the sour cream in small dollops.
- Place the scoops or totilla chips around the edge of the plate then add the lettuce.
- Add the olives and then the diced tomato and serve immediately with extra scoops or tortilla chips.