Don’t throw out your bread when it gets stale, make this addicting Bread Pudding instead. Full of torn bread pieces, raisins, cinnamon, milk and baked in the oven. This has ingredients you probably already have on hand and you can easily cut this recipe in half and bake it in an 8” square pan instead.
Source: Ellen Marie
Place the torn bread pieces into
a 9” x 13” casserole dish.
Drizzle melted butter over the top.
Sprinkle raisins over the top.
In a bowl whisk together
the eggs and milk.
Add the cinnamon, sugar and
vanilla and beat until well mixed.
Pour the egg mixture over the bread.
Pressing down with a fork, make sure
all of the bread is soaking up the liquid.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for
45 minutes or until the center springs back
when lightly pressed. Serve warm or cold
and refrigerate any leftovers.
- 12 slices stale or day-old bread
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup raisins
- 8 eggs, slightly beaten with a fork
- 4 cups milk
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
(Recipe can be cut in half then baked in an 8” dish instead.)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Tear the bread into small pieces and place them evenly into a 9” x 13” baking dish.
- Drizzle melted butter over the bread then sprinkle with raisins.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs with the milk.
- Add the cinnamon, sugar and vanilla then beat until mixed well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Using a fork press the bread down so all of it is soaking up the liquid.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the center springs back when lightly pressed.
- Serve warm or cold and refrigerate leftovers.