Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Casserole
Broccoli and ham covered with homemade cheese sauce, topped with panko crumbs and baked in the oven.
Spray a 2-quart casserole
dish with cooking oil.
Place cooked broccoli in a single layer
on the bottom of the prepared
Place the ham in a single layer
on top of the broccoli.
Melt 3 Tbsp. of butter in a small
saucepan over medium heat.
Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
Slowly pour in the milk while stirring
constantly, until mixture thickens,
about 3 minutes.
Add the cheese.
Stir until melted and smooth then
season with salt and pepper.
Pour the cheese sauce on
top of the ham.
Melt 2 Tbsp. butter and using a
fork mix in the panko crumbs
until completely coated.
Sprinkle the crumbs on top
of the cheese sauce.
Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 375º
oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until hot,
bubbly and the top is golden brown.
Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Casserole
- 4 – 6 cups (approximately) fresh broccoli florets, cooked
- 4 – 5 slices 1/2” thick cooked ham cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking oil.
- Place a single layer of cooked broccoli on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Place a single layer of ham on top of the broccoli.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt 3 Tbsp. of butter. Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add the milk slowly, stirring constantly, until it thickens. (About 3 minutes)
- Add the cheese and stir constantly until melted and smooth, then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the ham.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. of butter then add the panko crumbs, stirring with a fork until combined well. Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the cheese sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 – 25 minutes or until hot, bubbly and the bread crumbs are a golden brown then serve.
Categories: Casseroles, Cheese, Pork/Ham, Vegetables/Slaws/Salads
Thank you Dorothy❤️
Casseroles are quick dishes, I haven’t tried ham with ham yet, I usually make it with chicken and potatoes.
It was very good and a great combination of flavor.
That is such comfort food that I feel comforted just reading the recipe and looking at the photos 🙂
Thank you for your kind words Tierney! ❤️
Mmm mmm mm!
Thank you, it disappeared fast.❤️
Mmm… yummy! I knew this would be so delectable at the end. Thanks for sharing your kitchen knowledge dear. Always glad to check in for a new recipe. 👏❤
Yep! It looks so good. I’ve put it on the agenda after our next trip to the grocery store. Thank you!
Enjoy Betty, this is one of my favorite combinations of food. Thank you and enjoy❤️
Oh, this looks good! We normally have broccoli with chicken (and a creamy sauce), but have never tried it with ham … thanks Diane for another twist with broccoli!
You’re welcome, ham just adds more flavor and makes it a meal instead of a side dish. Thank you!❤️
Thank you so much❤️
A wonderful recipe for the leftover Easter ham.
Yes it sure would be Bernadette. Thank you❤️
💜 There YOU!!! Go Again, Getting Me Feeling ALL Inadequate but Worthy if I Practice; so, a Massive THANK 😊 🙏 ☺️ YOU!!! from a Greedy Stomach that is Gradually GETTING IT!!! “practice, practice, practice” Makes Perfect just Like YOU!!!
Looks nutritious and appealing
Thank you! ❤️
Looks delicious! I admittedly don’t cook with ham often but I always enjoy it when others do and this looks like a winner. I started to use panko crumbs more recently and they always help enhance the flavors!
Thank you ❤️ I love the extra crunch of the Panko crumbs too.
This looks absolutely awesome! Something my husband will like! I’ll try.
Thank you I hope he loves it, it is such an easy meal.
Can’t wait to try it!!
I hope you love it as much as we did.
So yummy! <3
Thank you Tammy💕
most welcome <3
Hi! Love how you show the photos step by step! And, I have been looking for ham recipes! Hope you’re doing well. 🙂
Thank you Jessica❤️ If you type ham in the search box it will bring up a bunch of recipes I have made with ham.
Cool, thanks! 🙂
Looks yummy Diane – you do make it look simple!
Thank you and it is simple, you could do it!
That is good Diane – I need simple!
This looks so good, Diane! One of these days I’m going to work ham into my grocery budget. One of these days….
I buy it on sale during the holidays and freeze it in meal size portions. Otherwise it’s too expensive. Thank you Janet!
Thank you for reblogging. ❤️