Sausage, Egg & Cheese Mushroom Bake
Sausage, Egg & Cheese Mushroom Bake is so versatile. You can use sausage or ground beef and you can top with your favorite shredded cheese if you want. I even used two different types of mushrooms in mine.
Adapted from http://www.Mastercook.com
Add the sausage or ground
beef to a large skillet.
Salt and pepper then cook over medium
heat until no pink remains. Remove the
meat from the skillet and place into
a small cast iron pan or a small
4 or 5 cup oven safe baking dish.
In the same skillet you cooked
the sausage in, melt the butter.
Add the mushrooms and cook over
medium heat until tender.
Stir in the seasoned salt, pepper and
parsley then remove from the heat.
Add the cream cheese
to a food processor.
Process until smooth.
Add eggs one at a time.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour the egg mixture over the
sausage or ground beef.
Top with the cooked mushrooms.
You can also add your favorite
cheese now if you want.
Bake in a preheated 350º oven
for 20-25 minutes or until set.
Sausage, Egg & Cheese Mushroom Bake
- 1# ground breakfast sausage (or ground beef)
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. pepper, or to taste
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1# mushrooms (I use 2 different kinds)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt, I used Lawry’s
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite) optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees,
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the sausage or ground beef, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper until no pink remains. Place into a small cast iron skillet or a 4 or 5 cup oven safe dish.
- In the same skillet that you cooked the sausage in, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Stir in the seasoned salt, 1/4 tsp. of pepper and parsley. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a food processor add the cold cream cheese and process until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and process until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese and egg mixture over the sausage or ground beef.
- Top with the mushrooms and then top with shredded cheese if you are adding it.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set.
Categories: Breakfast, Cheese, Eggs, Ground Beef, Sausage/Kielbasa
Oh, I must try this!! Yummy! Some of my favorite Ingredients! Thank you!
Thank you it is a delicious breakfast.
Where would we be without our trusty cast iron frying pan?
I agree but I have too many to possibly use. I bought a huge collection from a young girl that was selling her grandma’s things for $15.00. They were almost all rusted, needed cleaning and seasoning but turned out great.
Someday, she may regret that sale!
I have my grandmother’s which became my mother’s, my mother- in-law’s, and a few I picked up along the way, also in a sorry state but now beautifully functional!
oh wow! this is a recipe I would want to try. Looks so yummy I’m now hungry
Thank you, now go eat! Lol
All the favourites are here … this sounds like a wonderful late breakfast dish for a weekend Diane!
A good one for a road trip too! Lol Thank you
This looks very yummy! I love cooking with sausage and mushrooms. Bookmarked to try one day soon!
My hubby devoured these. Thank you Ab!
Simple and easy toast, thank you for the recipe
You are very welcome Ultra. ❤️
I always say that if you have eggs, you have a meal.
So true Sheree!
Looks like a yummy recipe for breakfast or dinner!
Or even a snack. Thank you Katelon❤️
I am definitely going to try and make this. Thanks for sharing.
You are very welcome and enjoy!
Okay, you’re killing me, this is my kind of food Diane! Nailed it. If only I lived next store to you and I could help you not only eat all these good things but I would help you chop ingredients as needed. I can be helpful like that! I don’t know how you do it but you come up with the best recipes! Much appreciated, hugs, C
Thank you Cheryl and I like that idea! Lol
I am totally in!! It looks so deli. Perfect 🤩
Thank you so much!
this looks really satisfying – ad great for a child winter day like today 🙂
This looks tasty Diane – I would eat this any time of day, including now. 🙂
I loved it because Terry doesn’t like mushrooms, all mine! Lol Thank you Linda ❤️
Nothing like mushrooms for a unique flavor!
OMG. I am so trying this weekend. It looks so delicious. Thank you for sharing.
You will love it; the tater tots make this SO delicious. Thank you and enjoy!
Thank you so much for sharing this. ❤️
excellent but we call it omellete for breakfast .Never had it with cheese melt ,will try it
For our omelettes we put the egg in the pan first, add the veggies, cheese etc. then fold over the egg into a half circle shape. Plus we make omelettes on top of the stove and this is baked. I love to hear about how the names of the things you and I prepare differ. Thank you Kevin❤️
This looks lovely and is even something I might be able to manage! (In fact, I think I have the ingredients in my fridge!!)
Thank you Jo, you definitely can make this one, very easy.