If you don’t think you can make a loaf of bread then think again. Even my grandkids can make this Beer Bread. There is no yeast, no kneading and no rising! All you do is dump, stir and bake. It is my husbands favorite bread that I make.
Source: Joy Miller
Spray a bread pan with cooking oil.
In a large bowl add the flour,
baking powder, salt and sugar.
Whisk to combine.
Pour in the room temperature beer.
Stir to combine but do not over mix.
Mixture should not look smooth.
Place the mixture into
the prepared bread pan.
Drizzle the melted butter over the top
making sure you cover the entire top.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for
50 minutes or until golden brown and crusty.
Run a knife along the outside edge of the bread
pan to make sure it doesn’t stick. Let it sit for
5 minutes then carefully remove it from
the pan and to a cooling rack.
Let it sit for 30 minutes, slice and serve.
Store leftovers in an airtight bag.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 12 oz. beer, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, melted but cool
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a bread pan with cooking oil.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, whisk to combine.
- Pour the beer into the dry mixture and stir to combine but don’t over mix.
- Place the mixture into the prepared bread pan making it as flat as possible.
- Drizzle the butter over the top coating all of the top with the butter.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden and crusty.
- Run a knife around the edge of the bread to release it from the pan. Let sit for 5 minute.
- Remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack for 30 minutes, slice and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight bag.