A tortilla stuffed with ground beef, onion, taco seasoning, taco sauce, salt, pepper, cheese and tomato then topped with sour cream. This is a very quick and easy meal that is packed full of flavor.
Ingredients – Plus sour cream (optional)
In a large skillet over medium
heat add the ground beef and onion.
Cook until no pink remains. Drain any grease.
Add the taco seasoning,
taco sauce, salt and pepper.
Mix well with a spoon and cook until thick.
Spray a large skillet with cooking oil.
Heat the pan over medium
heat and then add a tortilla.
Add some of the ground beef
mixture on the front of the tortilla.
Sprinkle on the cheese.
Add the diced tomatoes.
Once the bottom of the tortilla is
lightly brown, fold it over the mixture.
Let the quesadilla cook just until it
gets a darker brown but don’t let it
burn. Carefully flip it over and brown
the other side the same way then serve.
- 1# ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced (or 1 Tbsp. dehydrated onion)
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese per quesadilla (or your favorite cheese)
- 1 tortilla per quesadilla
Depending on how much meat mixture you put on each tortilla will determine how many quesadillas you can make.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the ground beef and onion. Cook until no pink remains then discard the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, taco sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well and continue to cook until thick.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking oil. Place it over medium heat. Once hot add the tortilla.
- Add as much ground beef mixture as you want on the front third of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle on the cheese and then the tomato.
- When the tortilla is a light brown, fold the tortilla in half over the mixture.
- Cook until the bottom turns a darker golden brown but watch carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- Carefully flip the quesadilla over with a large spatula and cook the other side the same way then serve.