Mini Cherry Pies
Do you love Cherry Pie but you can’t make the dough or an entire pie comfortably? Or maybe you just want some quick finger food for a party. Making these Mini Cherry Pies with only two ingredients and some optional whipped cream topping or ice cream is so simple.
*You can also make your own pie dough if you don’t want to use the store dough.*
Open the packages of pie dough
and unroll onto a clean dry surface.
Cut as many 3” circles as
you can from the dough.
Discard leftover dough.
Place the dough circles into a
ungreased mini cupcake pan making
them fit by fluting the sides. Form it into
the pan gently and do not push it onto the
pan. Fill the holes with cherry pie filling.
Bake at 425 degrees for 14 – 18 minutes
or until the crust top is light brown
and the filling is bubbly.
Top with optional whipped cream or
a small scoop of ice cream then serve.
Mini Cherry Pies
- 1 – 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- 1 box Pillsbury Pie Crusts (2 crusts in the box), or make your own
- whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Take both pie dough packages out of the box and open the bags.
- Unroll the first pie dough onto a clean flat surface. Cut as many 3″ circles as you can from the dough. Discard any leftovers. Repeat with the other dough.
- Place each circle of dough gently into the ungreased mini cupcake pan. Do not press the dough onto the pan or it will stick. Flute the sides of the dough to make it fit.
- Fill the centers of each one with the pie filling making sure there are cherries in each hole.
- Bake for 14 – 18 minutes until the crust is a light brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Let the mini pies cool in the pan for 5 minutes then carefully use a thin knife to pop the pies out of the pan.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream (optional).