Low Carb Baked Mexican Chicken
Chicken breasts that are seasoned with taco seasoning, covered in salsa and baked in the oven. This chicken can be prepared in 5 minutes and baked in 50 minutes! It doesn’t get any easier than this for a delicious meal that your family will love. This recipe is for 2 people but you can easily double or triple it to feed more.
Adapted from: http://www.myketorecipes.com
Place the chicken into a plastic bag
and pound it to an even thickness.
Spray a shallow baking
dish with cooking oil.
Sprinkle taco seasoning and
salt on the top of the breasts.
Place the chicken, seasoned side
down, into the baking dish.
Sprinkle remaining taco
seasoning over the top.
Using a spoon spread 1/4 cup of salsa
on top of each chicken breast. Bake
in a preheated 375 degree oven for
45 minutes or until the middle of
the chicken breast is 165 degrees.
Combine the cheese with 1/2 cup of
salsa and using a spoon, place it
on top of the chicken.
Bake an additional 5 minutes
or until the cheese melts.
Place on serving plates and enjoy!
Low Carb Mexican Baked Chicken
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, approximately 6 oz. each
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa, your favorite
- 1/2 cup salsa, your favorite to mix with the cheese
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pound the chicken in a plastic bag so it is an even thickness.
- Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking oil.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of taco seasoning and salt (to taste) on the top of both chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken breast, seasoned side down, into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of taco seasoning on the top of each chicken breast.
- Place 1/4 cup of salsa on top of each chicken breast.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until the chicken is 165 degrees in the middle.
- Combine the cheese with 1/2 cup of salsa. Spread it over the top of both chicken breasts. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Remove to a serving plate and enjoy!