Broccoli, cheese and bacon tossed with a homemade sweet & sour dressing are the basic ingredients for this amazing Broccoli Salad. You can add sunflower seeds, raisins, grapes, nuts etc., the possibilities are endless.
In a large bowl add the broccoli,
bacon, cheese and any other
fruits or nuts you want to add.
In a small bowl add the
mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar.
Stir to combine then let it sit for
about 5 minutes so the sugar dissolves.
Stir and pour dressing on
top of the broccoli mix.
Using a large spoon, toss to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for at least
1 hour. Toss again before serving.
- 2 large heads broccoli florets (rinsed, patted dry and cut into small pieces)
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2½ Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (If you don’t want it this sweet you can add 1/4 cup instead)
- Optional: Add sunflower seeds, walnuts, raisins, grapes etc. for more added flavor.
- In a large bowl add the broccoli, bacon and cheese. If you use any other nuts, raisins, grapes etc. add them too.
- In a small bowl add the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Mix well with a spoon and let the dressing sit about 5 minutes until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir and pour the dressing over the broccoli mix. Using a large spoon, toss until the dressing coats everything.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Toss occasionally as the dressing will run to the bottom of the bowl. Toss again before serving.