10 Minute “Microwave” Stir Fry
This isn’t your traditional stir fry since it is cooked in the microwave and not in a wok. However, how many times do you wish you had a quick, easy and healthy meal? If you don’t mind eating microwaved frozen stir fry veggies, then you will love this! If you would rather use fresh veggies, go ahead and stir fry them then try them with this delicious sauce. My frozen veggies cooked in the microwave in just 7 minutes. While they cooked I had the sauce made. I used leftover rotisserie chicken that I warmed up in the microwave. I made this for my husband and although he said fresh veggies are definitely better, he thought this was delicious and a definite keeper recipe. This would be great served with rice.
Sauce Source: http://www.momontimeout.com
Place the frozen vegetables into a microwave
safe bowl and toss with the garlic, ginger,
salt and pepper. Microwave the stir fry vegetables
according to the package directions.
In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch
and cold water until dissolved.
Combine the cornstarch mixture, chicken broth,
soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and red pepper
flakes. Whisk until the honey dissolves
and it mixes into the sauce.
Over medium heat, cook until thick and
bubbly then remove from the heat.
Once the veggies are cooked, microwave the
diced chicken about a 30 seconds or until warm.
Add the chicken to the cooked veggies.
Toss the chicken with the
veggies until combined.
Pour the sauce on top.
Gently toss completely mixing in the sauce.
Place on a serving plate and enjoy!
Delicious served with rice or just like this.
10 Minute Microwave Stir Fry
- 1 large cooked rotisserie breast, skinless & boneless
- 14.4 oz. frozen pepper Stir Fry Veggies (You can use fresh but you will need to cook them and they will take longer)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cut the chicken into 1″ cubes and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl add the frozen veggies, ground ginger, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine then microwave according to the package directions.
- In a small saucepan whisk the cornstarch and water until dissolved. Add the chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Whisk until the honey is dissolved and mixes into the sauce.
- Cook over medium heat until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Once the veggies are cooked, microwave the chicken just until warm (about 30 seconds). Add the chicken to the cooked veggies.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked veggies and toss to combine.
- Serve with rice or eat like this.