A delicious Breakfast Enchilada meal. Tortillas filled with eggs, sausage, hash browns then covered in enchilada sauce and topped with cheese. Does it get any better than that?
This is another recipe from a cooking class that I took. Pictures were difficult as I had a partner and although she was very understanding, Chef Christal Jakopak moved along very fast.
Ingredients – Also 6 eggs, salt & pepper
In a medium skillet add the oil
and cook over medium heat.
Add the hash browns, salt and pepper.
Cook until golden brown, remove
from the pan and set aside.
Add the sausage to the same pan
and cook until no pink remains.
In a medium bowl whisk together
the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
Pour the eggs into the pan and
cook with the cooked sausage.
When the eggs are cooked to a soft
scramble, remove pan from the heat.
Let cool 5 minutes.
Lay the tortilla’s flat on the counter.
Divide the egg mixture evenly between
the 8 tortilla’s. Divide the hash browns
evenly between the 8 tortilla’s.
Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
Tightly roll the tortilla’s and place them,
seam side down, in about a 4″ deep pan that
is sprayed with cooking oil. We split our recipe
between us so we each only had four enchiladas.
Pour the enchilada sauce on top.
Top with the remaining cheese then cover
tightly with foil. Bake in a preheated 350 degree
oven for 25-30 minutes or until the sauce is
bubbly and the cheese is golden then serve.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 6 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 pound bulk sausage
- 3 cups hash browns
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or your favorite
- 28 oz. can green enchilada sauce
- 8 – 6″ tortillas
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the oil to a medium pan and turn the burner to medium heat.
- Add the hash browns, salt and pepper to taste and cook until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the sausage to the same pan cooking until no pink remains and breaking the sausage up into small pieces as it cooks.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour eggs into the pan with the cooked sausage, cooking the egg until a soft scramble then remove from the heat. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Lay the tortillas flat on the counter. Divide the egg and sausage mixture evenly between the tortillas placing it in the center of each tortilla.
- Divide and add the hash browns on top of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top of the six tortillas, saving the other half for the top.
- Spray a pan that is about 4″ deep with cooking oil.
- Tightly roll the tortillas and place them seam side down in the pan.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese starts to brown then serve.
Wow! Eggs, sausage, hash browns and everything wrapped into a tortilla and deep in enchilada sauce! Heaven 😋
This class didn’t really teach me anything new but I did have fun and get some great recipes! Thanks and have a fantastic day! ❤
I guess important is sometimes also to have fun and enjoy good food 😉😋
I never thought to add hash browns! Thanks for the “cooking class”. 🙂
It had a fabulous taste. It was a fun class. You’re welcome Robin!
It is so delicious 😋
Thanks so much!
You’d think that living practically within sight of the Mexican border we would have our fill of Mexican-type foods, but truth be told, I just resurrected some tortillas in the bottom of my produce bin that were expire-dated in mid-2018! Guess we don’t eat many tortillas! There is a shop a few miles down the main drag that makes them fresh, and I keep thinking I’ll stop there, but so far the motivation has not been strong enough for me to remember to do this when we are at that end of town.
BUT – this recipe may spur me on to better brain cell allocation! Looks fabulous!!!
How funny Judilyn! I buy tortillas mostly for my lunches. I love to make a turkey wrap with mayo and Siracha sauce.
This is one recipe I haven’t tried yet…
Looks really great and that sauce😋😋
Thank you I love green enchilada sauce. I need to find a good recipe for it so I stop buying at the store…lol
This looks absolutely amazing! Thank you for sharing I will have to try to make these!
Thank you Jesse I hope you love them as much as I did!
Great receipt! Thanks! ❤
You’re welcome and thanks for reading!
is there a subsitutde for enchillada sauce not a fan of that
Do you like the red enchilada sauce instead of green?
These look good. A must try!
They were Stu breakfast is always good…lol Thanks so much!
Breakfast food is great anytime of the day 😊
Thanks for thinking of me Stu! ❤
I shouldn’t be looking at this so late in the evening. Now I’m craving green enchilada sauce. Nice recipe!
Hahaha I don’t know what it is about that stuff but it is SO good!
That looks very good and tempting even though I haven’t been much of a fan of breakfast. I usually don’t eat breakfast unless I am cooking for someone else or I am visiting (which is VERY RARE). Thanks for sharing!
I love breakfast food but I love to eat it for supper. I never eat breakfast, just coffee.
Same here. 🙂
They look great and probably also taste good.
Thank you Ultra they were delicious.
No it does not!
This one is really yummy, Truly mouth watering. Thanks for sharing. 🌹🙏
Thank you and you’re welcome!
*drooling again* This looks absolutely incredible Diane! I’m a big fan of wraps and tortilla dishes anyhow. They just add that something extra yummy.
I know what you mean Holly. I eat a wrap for lunch most days. Thank you!
Mm! Aren’t wraps amazing? I’ve told hubby many times that I’d take a wrap to a sandwich any day. (Well, most days!) 🙂
Yes and so many ways to make them!
Yum, yummy, Diane! Cooking classes are such fun aren’t they? 😄
Blue Rock Horses Frederick County, Virginia bluerockhorses.com
Yes next up is apple class!
Thanks so much!
These look good!! I love enchiladas haha never thought to make them breakfast style that’s genius!
Thanks I really enjoyed them!
Yum! What time are you serving breakfast tomorrow? 😉
I can whip this up in no time! How about 9:00 am! lol