A delicious Breakfast Enchilada meal. Tortillas filled with eggs, sausage, hash browns then covered in enchilada sauce and topped with cheese. Does it get any better than that?
This is another recipe from a cooking class that I took. Pictures were difficult as I had a partner and although she was very understanding, Chef Christal Jakopak moved along very fast.
Ingredients – Also 6 eggs, salt & pepper
In a medium skillet add the oil
and cook over medium heat.
Add the hash browns, salt and pepper.
Cook until golden brown, remove
from the pan and set aside.
Add the sausage to the same pan
and cook until no pink remains.
In a medium bowl whisk together
the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
Pour the eggs into the pan and
cook with the cooked sausage.
When the eggs are cooked to a soft
scramble, remove pan from the heat.
Let cool 5 minutes.
Lay the tortilla’s flat on the counter.
Divide the egg mixture evenly between
the 8 tortilla’s. Divide the hash browns
evenly between the 8 tortilla’s.
Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
Tightly roll the tortilla’s and place them,
seam side down, in about a 4″ deep pan that
is sprayed with cooking oil. We split our recipe
between us so we each only had four enchiladas.
Pour the enchilada sauce on top.
Top with the remaining cheese then cover
tightly with foil. Bake in a preheated 350 degree
oven for 25-30 minutes or until the sauce is
bubbly and the cheese is golden then serve.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 6 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 pound bulk sausage
- 3 cups hash browns
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or your favorite
- 28 oz. can green enchilada sauce
- 8 – 6″ tortillas
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the oil to a medium pan and turn the burner to medium heat.
- Add the hash browns, salt and pepper to taste and cook until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the sausage to the same pan cooking until no pink remains and breaking the sausage up into small pieces as it cooks.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour eggs into the pan with the cooked sausage, cooking the egg until a soft scramble then remove from the heat. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Lay the tortillas flat on the counter. Divide the egg and sausage mixture evenly between the tortillas placing it in the center of each tortilla.
- Divide and add the hash browns on top of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top of the six tortillas, saving the other half for the top.
- Spray a pan that is about 4″ deep with cooking oil.
- Tightly roll the tortillas and place them seam side down in the pan.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese starts to brown then serve.