Sausage Gravy is so delicious when it is homemade. There are two Easy Buttermilk Drop Biscuits under that Sausage Gravy in the picture above making this a fabulous tasting breakfast or a meal. Sausage gravy doesn’t take long to make and you can make it with regular breakfast sausage, Italian sausage or your favorite sausage.
This is the second recipe that I am sharing from a cooking class that I attended recently. We moved along quickly so I wasn’t able to take my time with the pictures, I just took them as quickly as I could to show you the steps. Chef Christal Jakopak was our instructor.
In a large pot add the sausage
over medium heat.
Break up the sausage with a large spoon.
Brown the sausage.
Sprinkle the flour over the
sausage and mix thoroughly.
Add a little milk.
Stir and cook until thick then add a
little more milk and stir until thick.
Keep repeating until you get the
consistency that you want.
Stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium low and
simmer for another 2 – 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve hot over biscuits.
- 8 oz. uncooked breakfast sausage (or your favorite)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 to 2 & 1/2 cups whole milk
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook the sausage.
- Sprinkle the sausage with the flour and stir to combine.
- Add the milk a little at a time, stirring until thick with each addition, until you get the consistency you want.
- Stirring constantly bring to a boil over medium low heat then simmer for 2-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot over biscuits.