Valentine’s Day Crack
What a great Valentine’s surprise for your loved one. It is so much sweeter to give a homemade surprise instead of buying one. This sweet and salty delicious treat is very addictive (why it’s called crack). This is so simple to make and takes very little time but tastes like you worked for hours to make it.
Ingredients – Sprinkles too!
Cover a jelly roll pan with foil.
Spray the pan with cooking spray.
Line the pan with 35-40 saltine
crackers with the salted side down.
In a medium saucepan,
melt the butter.
Add the brown sugar and stir until the
brown sugar and butter are combined.
Cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly, until mixture starts to
boil and turns to a caramel color.
Remove the pan from the heat
and immediately pour caramel
evenly over the crackers.
I used a gravy spoon to do this.
Place the pan into a preheated 425
degree oven. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or
until the caramel starts to bubble
and watch it carefully!
Remove the pan from the oven
and immediately sprinkle
with the chocolate chips.
Let the chocolate chips melt then
carefully spread the melted
chocolate evenly over the crackers.
Top with sprinkles if you wish.
Place the pan into the freezer
for about 15 minutes then remove.
Remove the foil from the bottom of
the crack. Place the crack on a large
cutting board. Using a large sharp
knife, cut into squares. Store in an air
tight container or bag in the refrigerator.
Valentine's Day Crack
- 35-40 saltine crackers (one sleeve)
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 & 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cover a jelly roll pan with foil then spray with cooking spray.
- Line the pan with 35-40 saltine crackers salt side down.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until completely combined.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture starts to boil and turns to a caramel color. Once it boils it won’t take long.
- Remove from the burner and pour evenly over the crackers. I used a gravy spoon to do this.
- Place the pan into the preheated oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until the caramel starts to bubble. Remove from the oven.
- Immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the crackers, let them melt and carefully spread the chocolate over the crackers. Put sprinkles on top if you wish.
- Put the pan in the freezer for 15 minutes. Remove and pull the foil off of the crack.
- Place the crack on a cutting board and cut into squares or break into pieces.
- Store in a covered container or sealed bag in the refrigerator.