My 7 year old granddaughter helped me make these delicious golden brown Chicken Nuggets. Both of the kids loved them. I have to admit, they aren’t just for kids! They were so tender, moist and delicious. The best part of this recipe, besides the fabulous taste, is that the breading stayed on the chicken. We dipped them in BBQ sauce but they were so good you can eat them plain.
Source: Ree Drummond
In a plastic bag combine the flour,
seasoned salt, pepper and salt.
Add the chicken pieces to the flour
mixture a few at a time. Shake the bag
coating all sides of the chicken pieces.
In a small bowl whisk the
egg and water together.
Take the chicken out of the flour bag
and drop them, a few at a time, into
the egg coating all sides of the chicken.
Remove from the egg and quickly
drop into the bread crumbs.
Coat the chicken with the
bread crumbs a few pieces at a time.
In a large heavy frying pan over medium
heat, heat about 3/4” of oil. Oil will bubble
immediately when you put a piece of
chicken in it when it is hot enough. Fry the
chicken on all sides until golden brown.
Using a slotted spoon remove chicken from
the oil to a paper towel lined plate then serve.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp regular salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into small pieces)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a large plastic bag, combine flour, seasoned salt, pepper and regular salt. This sounds like a lot of salt but most of it will be left in the flour and you will throw it away.
- Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake the bag until the chicken pieces are completely coated.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the water.
- Place the chicken in the egg mixture completely wetting the flour.
- Remove the chicken from the egg mixture and quickly place it in the bread crumbs, a few at a time, coating them completely with the bread crumbs.
- In a large heavy frying pan heat about 3/4″ of oil until hot. It should bubble when you add a piece of chicken.
- Fry until a golden brown on all sides. turning pieces over.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken pieces to a paper towel lined plate and serve.