Oh yes, these tasted as delicious as they look! I have been on a seafood binge lately and these Crab Cakes really hit the spot. There is not a lot of filler in these Crab Cakes which makes them taste even better! This recipe will make 6 large 3/4” thick Crab Cakes or 36 bite sized Crab Cakes.
Source: Favorite Brand Name Country Christmas
Place the crab meat into a medium bowl.
Pick through the crab meat and remove
any shell pieces or cartilage.
Flake the crab meat with a fork.
Add the bread crumbs, onions,
green pepper and parsley.
Mix until combined; set aside.
In a small bowl combine mayonnaise,
egg, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice,
mustard, salt and pepper.
Stir to combine then whisk until smooth.
Pour the mixture over the crab.
Stir until completely mixed into the crab.
Divide the crab mixture into 6 equal
crab cakes (or you could also make
36 bite sized crab cakes).
Place them on waxed paper.
Handle gently or these will fall apart easily.
In a large heavy bottom frying pan,
add enough oil to fry the crab
cakes (I used about 1/2” of oil).
Heat the oil over medium heat.
Carefully add the crab cakes.
Cook until golden brown, turn over
to cook the other side. Place crab cakes
on a paper towel to remove the oil,
carefully patting both sides then serve.
- 1 pound cooked crab meat
- 1/2 cup soft plain bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, add the crab meat. Pick through it removing any shell or cartilage then flake with a fork.
- Add the bread crumbs, onions, green pepper and parsley. Mix well and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Add egg mixture to the crab stirring until completely mixed into the crab.
- Divide into 6 large 3/4″ patties (or 36 bite sized). Place them on waxed paper.
- In a large heavy bottom pan, heat about 1/2″ oil over medium heat.
- Carefully add the crab cakes frying until a golden brown. Turn over and brown on the other side.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate, patting the top with more paper towel to remove any oil then serve.