Turkey Pasta Salad
What a great way to use your leftover Thanksgiving turkey. This is a Turkey Pasta Salad unlike any I have made before. It has a hint of lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and herbs. My husband and I both loved this salad a lot!
Adapted from: Favorite Brand Name Country Christmas
In a large bowl toss together
the turkey, celery and parsley.
Add the cooked pasta and toss gently.
In a small bowl place the mayonnaise
(or Miracle Whip), vinegar, lemon juice,
oil, green onions (or chives) and dried basil.
Whisk together and let sit for 5 minutes.
Pour over the pasta mixture.
Gently toss the dressing with the
pasta making sure it is all covered.
Refrigerate until cold and serve.
Turkey Pasta Salad
- 2-1/2 cups cooked tri-color rotini
- 2 cups cooked and cubed turkey
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (or 1 Tbsp dried chives)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl combine the turkey, celery and parsley.
- In a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip), vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, green onions (or dried chives) and dried basil. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss gently but thoroughly until everything is lightly coated.
- Refrigerate until cold then serve.
Categories: Pasta, Turkey, Vegetables/Slaws/Salads
Enticing as always…
You always make me smile! Thank you Mel!
I love these type pasta salads. Question…I tend to add tarragon to my chicken and turkey salads. Do you think it would work well here?
Oh definitely! Use it in place of the basil
I love left over turkey chopped and placed in a good salad.
I agree! I like it better cold than I do hot out of the oven. Thanks David!
Yummy! Oh my! :'(
Thanks Tammy! We loved this one as well. You can’t go wrong with pasta….lol
Youre welcome mam😍
Another winner. Thanks!
You’re welcome Barbara!
Hi, Just letting you know I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. No pressure, just letting you know! 🙂
And looks yummy!!
Thank you so much!!
LOL I just love reading your comments! Thanks!
Yep! Another wonderful recipe…I seriously need to be your neighbor! 😀
Well living next to you would be pretty amazing too! We could take turns eating at each other’s house!
That would be awesome!
Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
I love pasta salads! Looks sooo good!
It really was delicious! Thanks!
I am very keen to make this recipe because i love pasta 😉
Oh please do it was amazing!