Wow did these turn out amazing! They were really fun to make too. I made each one to each persons liking – kids (no onion) – husband (onion & green pepper) – me (onion but no green pepper). Keep in mind you can use any topping you would use on any regular pizza like hot pepper, mushrooms etc. You could also use sausage in place of the ground beef. They can be eaten as a meal, as we did, or make them as a snack or appetizer. I made these while the grandkids were here and they were a huge hit.
In a large frying pan over medium heat,
cook the ground beef and onion.
Add the Parmesan cheese, salt,
pepper and half of the pizza cheese.
Stir quickly and then add the pizza sauce.
Stir just until the cheese is
melted then remove from the heat.
Spray a large baking sheet with cooking oil.
Lay out the 10 tortillas flat on the counter.
Divide the hamburger mixture
between the 10 tortillas placing
the mixture on the bottom third.
Top with pepperoni, mushrooms,
onions, green pepper etc.
Top the 10 tortillas meat mixture
with the rest of the cheese.
Roll the tortilla over the mixture as tight as you can.
Below my husband is demonstrating the
step by step directions for rolling.
Place them on the prepared baking
sheet, seam side down.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree
oven for 20 minutes.
Cut into serving size pieces and serve.
- 10 pack of 10” tortillas
- 1# ground beef (or sausage)
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 – 15 oz can pizza sauce
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz shredded pizza cheese (or mozzarella cheese)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 oz pepperoni
- 1/2 cup each all diced – mushrooms, green pepper, hot pepper etc. (all optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook the ground beef and onion until no longer pink.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and half of the pizza cheese.
- Stir quickly and add the pizza sauce.
- Stir just until the cheese is melted then remove from the heat.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking oil.
- Lay the tortillas flat on a counter.
- Divide the meat mixture between the 10 tortillas placing the meat mixture on the bottom third section of the tortillas.
- Top the meat with pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, green pepper etc.
- Divide the rest of the cheese between the 10 tortillas and sprinkle on top.
- Roll the tortilla from the bottom, over the meat mixture and continue rolling to the end.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet, seam side down.
- Bake for 20 minutes, cut into bite size pieces and serve.