This is the best Zucchini Bread I have ever tasted and it is a favorite of my family. I have made the same amazing Zucchini Bread for decades. We use to grow our own zucchini and I made 35 loaves every year. I only made six loaves this year and I bought my zucchini for $1.00 at a farm stand. My kids and just about everyone else goes crazy over this bread. The first loaf is still warm and half gone already as I write this blog! My granddaughter would have eaten it hot out of the oven if I had let her!
This Zucchini Bread can be baked and stored in the freezer for up to one year if you freeze it the following way. After I bake it and cool it completely, I put it in a plastic bread bag, wrap the bag with foil after getting all of the air out and place the wrapped bread into a freezer bag. It has never dried out or gotten freezer burnt this way.
After peeling and cutting the ends off of
the zucchini, cut it into small pieces.
Put the pieces into a food processor or
blender and blend until it turns to a liquid.
Your zucchini will look like this.
In a large mixer bowl,
add eggs and whisk slightly.
In a medium bowl, whisk
together the dry ingredients.
Add all of the ingredients to the
large mixing bowl with the egg.
Mix by hand just until the flour is all wet.
Using an electric mixer, blend until no
lumps remain and the batter is smooth.
Using shortening, not cooking spray, liberally
grease the bottom and sides of two bread pans.
Flour the inside of both pans tapping the
excess flour out of the pans.
Divide the batter between the two
greased and floured pans.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 65 minutes or
until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Remove from the pans Immediately and place on a cooling rack.
Slice with a knife and enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 cups liquefied zucchini (1 medium zucchini, peeled with ends cut off and blended)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the peeled zucchini into small pieces. Place them into a food processor or blender and blend until zucchini is a liquid and smooth with no lumps.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs and whisk slightly.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add all of the ingredients to the large bowl with eggs.
- Stir by hand just until the flour is all wet.
- Using an electric mixer, blend on medium until the batter is smooth with no lumps.
- Using shortening, NOT COOKING SPRAY, grease the sides and bottoms of two bread pans.
- Coat the sides and bottoms of the pans with flour, tapping out the excess flour.
- Pour the batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake for 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Run a spatula around the sides of the pan, and immediately remove the bread from the pan to a cooling rack.
- Let cool, slice and serve.