Hershey’s Chewy Brownie Cookies
If you love brownies, chocolate chips and cookies then this recipe is for you. It was a recipe I received in the mail from Hershey’s many, many years ago. You probably have all the ingredients in your cupboard already. This recipe makes about three dozen cookies and didn’t last long in our house!
In a large bowl, cream together the shortening,
light brown sugar, water and vanilla.
Add the eggs and stir until
they are mixed in.
Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda
and salt, stirring until combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop by heaping tablespoons, 2” apart,
onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for
7-10 minutes or until cookies are set,
but do not over bake. Only bake one
cookie tray at a time on the center rack
of the oven. Cookies should be soft and
moist when done. Cool on the cookie
sheet for 2 minutes then remove to a
covered counter (I used foil). Cool
completely and store in an
air tight container.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Hershey's Chewy Brownie Cookies
- 2/3 cup Crisco shortening
- 1-1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, light brown sugar, water and vanilla.
- Add the eggs and stir until they are mixed in.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt stirring until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2″ apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time on the center rack for 7-10 minutes or until the cookies are set. Do not over bake them. Cookies should be soft and moist when cooked.
- Cool on the pan for 2 minutes then place on the counter, I covered my counter with foil first.
- Once completely cool, store in an airtight container.