Who knew you can make this easy Caramel Sauce just by boiling water? I have wanted to try this method for years but I never thought it would work. Let me be the first to tell you……it really does work!
Ingredients – Yes that’s it but don’t open it!
Remove the label.
Fill a deep pot with enough water to
cover the can by at least 1”. If it gets
lower than 1” you will have to add
more water. I simmered mine with a
lid and didn’t need to add any more
water. Bring the water to a simmer
and simmer for three hours. Keep on eye
on it and adjust the temperature as
needed to keep it at a simmer.
Do NOT open the can.
It will remain sealed the
entire simmering time.
Remove the pan from the heat.
Carefully remove the can from the water.
Let the can cool and then open the lid.
You now have caramel!
Put the caramel on top of ice cream
or whatever you love and serve.
- 1 – 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Place the can (do not open it) into a deep medium pot and cover the can by at least 1” of water.
- Bring the water to a simmer, I used a lid.
- Simmer for three hours watching carefully and adjusting the temperature as needed to keep the water at a simmer.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully remove the can from the water. Let cool.
- Open the can and serve on your favorite….anything!