Is there anyone that hasn’t tried a Snickerdoodle cookie? If you haven’t, you don’t know what you’re missing! I love these cookies which have a hint of cinnamon. These are another one of my favorite Christmas cookies, however, I don’t think there’s a cookie that I don’t like!
Ingredients for the cookie
coating – cinnamon and sugar.
In a large mixing bowl, add butter,
1-1/2 cup of sugar and mix until combined.
Mix in one egg at a time.
Mix until light and fluffy.
In a small bowl combine flour,
baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
Add the dry mixture, a little at a time,
to the butter mixture until mixed well.
In a small bowl, whisk together the 2 Tbl of sugar and the cinnamon.
Roll cookie dough into small 1” balls and
then roll into the cinnamon sugar mixture
coating the entire outside of the cookie ball.
Place the cookie balls 2” apart
onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake in a preheated 400 degree
oven for 8-10 minutes.
Remove the cookies from the pan
and let them cool on a cooling rack.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbl sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and the 1-1/2 cups of sugar until blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg is added.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture, a little at a time, to the butter mixture forming a soft dough.
- In a small bowl mix the cinnamon and 2 Tbl of sugar.
- Gently roll the soft dough into small 1” balls. Roll the balls into the cinnamon sugar mixture until completely coated.
- Place the cookie balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet keeping them about 2” apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the cookie sheet onto a cooling rack or on a sheet of foil flat on the counter.