Fruit Infused Vodka
Do you want a great tasting Fruit Infused Vodka to add to your favorite mixed drinks? Or maybe you want a unique homemade gift to give out at the holidays. Here is your answer! I made these with strawberries, pineapples and blueberries and it only takes 3-5 days to make! The best part is it lasts a very long time.
I was inspired to learn more about infusing vodka through a Facebook group called Cooking From Scratch on Debbie’s Back Porch.
Rinse and pat dry the strawberries and the blueberries.
Cut the strawberries into small pieces after removing the top.
Cut the outer layer off of the pineapple, core it and cut into small chunks.
Measure two cups of each fruit and pour each fruit into a clean quart jar.
Fill each fruit jar with 80 proof (40% alcohol) or 100 proof (50% alcohol) Vodka.
80 proof vodka tastes better and 100 proof will draw out more of the fruit flavor.
I used 80 proof and I let it sit for four days and it turned out great.
Just make sure the fruit is completely covered with the vodka at all times.
Let the jars sit in a dark, cool place for 3-5 days. Shake the jars once per day.
Once they sit, taste them and make sure enough fruit flavor has infused into the vodka.
If it has, strain the fruit from the vodka using a coffee filter or cheesecloth.
Discard the fruit and pour the Fruit Infused Vodka into clean bottles.
Fruit Infused Vodka will keep indefinitely.
Fruit Infused Vodka
- 2 cups strawberries – rinse and pat dry, stem cut off and diced
- 2 cups pineapple – cut off the outer part, core and dice
- 2 cups blueberries – rinse and pat dry
- 2 liters of 80 proof vodka (40% alcohol) or 100 proof vodka (50% alcohol)
- Clean three individual quart jars with spill proof lids.
- Fill each jar with fruit then pour vodka to 1/2” from the top making sure all of the fruit is covered. Tightly cover with clean lids.
- Set the jars in a cool dark place for 3-5 days, shaking the jars every day.
- Strain the Fruit Infused Vodka through a coffee filter or cheese cloth, discarding the fruit.
- Keep a tight lid on the Fruit Infused Vodka or it will evaporate. It keeps indefinitely.
- Use with mixed drinks, drink as is or give as gifts.