Raspberry Swirl Dessert
This amazing frozen Raspberry Swirl Dessert recipe was given to me back in the 1970’s. It is as pretty as it is delicious and to me it is just like eating raspberry ice cream. What a wonderful dessert for any type of function or keep it in your freezer for a delicious snack any time.
Ingredients for the crust.
Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar
with a fork. Mix into the melted butter.
Spray a 9” x 13” freezer & oven safe pan with
cooking spray. Spread the crumb mixture
evenly onto the bottom of the pan and
press mixture down with your hands.
Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
Ingredients for the filling
Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks
and beat the egg yolks until thick.
Add cream cheese, sugar and salt to
the egg yolks and mix until combined.
Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
Fold the Cool Whip into the egg whites.
Fold the egg white mixture into
the cream cheese mixture.
In a blender crush the
raspberries to a pulp.
Add half of the raspberry pulp to the cream
cheese filling and gently swirl with a knife.
Carefully pour onto the crust in the 9″ x 13″
pan trying to keep the swirl design in tact.
Place small spoonful’s of the remaining
pulp all over the top. Use a knife and
slide it through the raspberry pulp
making a swirling design.
Top with fresh raspberries.
Place the dish in the freezer until frozen.
Cover and place back into the
freezer until ready to serve.
Raspberry Swirl Dessert
- 1 & 1/8 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 & 1/2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 eggs, separated (If your worried about using raw eggs in this recipe, buy eggs that are pasteurized)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 – 10 oz bag frozen raspberries, partially thawed
- fresh raspberries for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter and mix with a fork until all of the crumbs are coated in the butter.
- Spray a 9” x 13” dish (freezer and oven safe dish or pan) with cooking spray. Pour graham cracker mixture evenly onto the bottom of the pan and gently press it down with yours hand.
- Bake for 8 minutes and let cool.
- Beat egg yolks until thick. Add cream cheese, sugar and salt. Beat until smooth and light in color.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold Cool Whip into egg whites.
- Fold egg white mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- In a blender, crush raspberries into a pulp. Divide the pulp in half and put one half into the filling. Using a knife, gently swirl the pulp into the filling in a swirling motion. Spread the filling on top of the crust evenly, trying to keep the swirl effect.
- Spoon the remaining raspberry pulp by small spoonfuls over top of the filling. Swirl the pulp in using a knife. Garnish with whole raspberries.
- Freeze uncovered.
- Once frozen, cover with foil and store in the freezer until ready to serve.