Baked Tortilla Taco Cups
A flour tortilla baked in a cupcake pan then filled with taco flavored ground beef and topped with all your favorite toppings. We even topped ours with taco sauce for more taco flavor. These are a wonderful appetizer or a meal.
Spray a cupcake pan with cooking oil.
Spray both sides of each tortilla with cooking oil then lightly salt one side.
Gently flute the tortilla’s into the pan, leaving an opening for the filling.
Bake in a preheated 350º oven for 12 minutes.
In a large skillet cook the ground beef and onion, discard grease.
Add the taco seasoning, tomato sauce, water and 1/4 cup of taco sauce.
Stir to combine and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
It will be ready once most of the liquid is evaporated, as it will be thick.
Prepare your taco toppings.
Place a scoop of taco meat in first.
Add the cheese.
Add lettuce and tomato.
Top with sour cream and green onion, we even added more taco sauce.
Garnish the sour cream with a little taco seasoning, optional, then serve.
Baked Tortilla Taco Cups
- cooking spray
- 9 tortilla (8” size)
- 1# ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1¼ oz. pack taco seasoning (or 2 Tbsp.)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 8 oz. shredded Mexican cheese
- 3-4 Italian tomatoes, diced
- lettuce, shredded
- 2 green onion, sliced
- 8 oz. sour cream
- extra taco sauce for topping, optional
- taco seasoning for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray a cupcake pan with cooking oil. Spray both sides of each tortilla with cooking oil then lightly salt one side of each one.
- Gently flute the tortilla’s into the pan, leaving an opening for the filling.
- Bake in a preheated 350º oven for 12 minutes.
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef and onion, discard grease.
- Add the taco seasoning, tomato sauce, water and 1/4 cup of taco sauce.
- Stir to combine and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes. It will be ready once most of the liquid is evaporated, it will be thick.
- Place your taco toppings in bowls.
- Place a scoop of taco meat in first. Add the cheese. Add lettuce and tomato.
- Top with sour cream and green onion, we even added more taco sauce. Garnish the sour cream with a little taco seasoning, optional, then serve.
Categories: Cheese, Ground Beef, Milk Products, Tortilla, Vegetables/Slaws/Salads
These are so cute and look delicious!
Thank you, they were a lot of fun to make too.
I have just printed this recipe and will be making these very soon, thank you!
You’re going to love them, we sure did! You’re welcome!
That would be seriously fun party food!
Yes and you could even let them fill their own, thank you!
Lord save me from Diane’s blog! Taco cups looks so great!!
Hahaha you are hilarious! Thank you so much💕
That’s a good idea. Are there Margaritas to go with them?
Absolutely! Thank you Sheree!
A number of years ago I bought a package of 4 tortilla bowls in a box. They work rather well. I think it was one of those gimmick things that TV loves to show off!
I can’t tell you how many gimmick things I have bought. Every now and then you get one that works! Lol
These look amazing, Diane. I’m guessing they’ll be a hit with the grandchildren – and “Nana,” too. 😉
Oh most definitely! They love taco flavored anything. Lol
That is a great way to do Tacos!
Thank you, perfect for when you don’t have the shells. Honestly, I don’t like the shells and these were so much better.
I’m not fond of the shells either !
A gastronomic delight. You really have no limit to your creativity.
These were so much fun. My husband thought I was crazy but he really loved them, who needs taco shells! Lol
What a great idea! Can’t wait to try these.
I thought they would be messy and they weren’t. We squeezed them like a taco shell and everything stayed in the cup. They were so good! Thank you Patty and enjoy, we sure did.
These look delish! Thanks, Diane!
Thanks so much Kellye! You’re welcome💕
Looks yummy – I’d make a meal of them and polish off the entire baking pan of them.
Thank you Linda, we did! Lol
🙂 Think of them as appetizers and it clinches it for me!
Thank you Yernasia!
💜 I would love one of those right now EveryOne; it’s always good to hold with foreign food, YUM!!!
Thank you for sharing!
Another winner, Diane! 👏🙂
Blue Rock Horses Frederick County, Virginia bluerockhorses.com
Thank you Mitzy!🥰
As someone who loves savoury over sweet, this looks amazing. Very creative use of the cupcake pan!
Thanks so much Ab!
This looks good, but I think I would make the biggest mess with these.😁
I thought so too and they weren’t messy at all. Nothing fell out of mine when I bit into it. They were fun to make and eat.
A cupcake pan has now taken on a whole new meaning! It not only looks delicious, but also pretty!
I expected them to be messy and they weren’t at all. Thank you!
Adorable and fun! I bookmarked this one. I have everything to make them except taco meat, dang it. LOL
Thank you, you can try them next week! 💕